fkarim7 Guest

Zanussi ZENB9950 Freezer cold fridge not

I've had this fridge freezer for 3 years and having spent some time reading other posts I suspect this is a common fault but wanted to double check before I take action.

For the past week the temperature alarm keeps going off regularly. I've set the fridge and freezer cold settings to max but that did not make any difference.

The freezer section is quite cold and having removed all the trays I did not see any frost - although I have not tried to remove the back panel. The fridge section is not getting cold and the back panel has many holes - no doubt for the cold air to enter from the freezer section.

I can hear the the fridge freezer buzzing as usual (I assume this is the compressor working) if I open a door this stops and re-starts when the door is closed.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Re: Zanussi ZENB9950 Freezer cold fridge not

check defrost timer, heater etc

fkarim7 Guest

Following my last post I switched off the fridge freezer and let it stand for about 12 hours overnight to defrost. When I switched it back on cold air was definitely getting through to the fridge as it was getting cold and I thought the problem was resolved. However, after a month and a half I have the exact same problem.

Based on this I assume there is a gradual buildup of ice which is blocking the cold air from the freezer. So unless I pinpoint the cause this will of course keep happening.

I'm hoping somone can point me in the right direction based on what I have done and the fact that it took a month and a half for the problem to repeat is this likely to be a faulty defrost heater or defrost timer or something else?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fkarim7 View Post
    Following my last post I switched off the fridge freezer and let it stand for about 12 hours overnight to defrost. When I switched it back on cold air was definitely getting through to the fridge as it was getting cold and I thought the problem was resolved. However, after a month and a half I have the exact same problem.

Based on this I assume there is a gradual buildup of ice which is blocking the cold air from the freezer. So unless I pinpoint the cause this will of course keep happening.

I'm hoping somone can point me in the right direction based on what I have done and the fact that it took a month and a half for the problem to repeat is this likely to be a faulty defrost heater or defrost timer or something else?

Thanks!
    You probably have problem with defrost heater or defrost termination device/logic/thermistor.
    You need qualified engineer with right literature to pinpoint your problem.