New Girl to the HVAC world.....

Hi Folks, just thought I'd drop by and say hello

My name as you may have guessed is Kylie. I'm 28, living in Kent/London and I'm essentially the marketing manager for a leading HVAC hire company in the UK - not doing too badly in the other countries we operate within too!

I thought I may as well join; pointed in your direction by another member on here (CLK320_Greg), when I mentioned I wanted to learn the basics of the industry and find out what was what at a grass roots level.

Hope you don't mind me sticking around, and from time to time asking silly questions!

Cheers for now!
    Kylie.

TRASH101 is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Re: New Girl to the HVAC world.....

Hello and welcome Kylie

I had heard rumours that women had joined the trade and here am I actually chatting to one.

I feel very humbled
    Quidvis Recte Factum Quamvis Humile Praeclarum.

Latine dictum, sit altum videtur.

Si hoc comprehendere potes, gratias age magistro Latinae.

Here's a thread to get you started:

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...ad.php?t=19701

Welcome Kylie. I think it is good idea also. An informed headhunter helps his/her clients by being able to sort out the proper people for the required task.

Feel free to snoop around and ask questions. If you would like to post an ad you would need to discuss that with the boss of the RE forums (WebRam).
    If all else fails, ask for help.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Yes, welcome to the forum Kylie, sit back and enjoy
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Welcome Kylie from Belgium (just back from a visit to the busy London in the weekend)
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Greetings, Spacekidette!.... For every daft question, we have an even dafter answer, so ask away
    Karl

coolseed Guest

Unhappy Another New Girl to the Frig World, Help Please.....

Hi There
    I too am new to this site and can't find how or where to post a new starter thread - all this thread stuff reminds me of sewing -yuk. I know the admin guy said some things might be missing but where can I post a new question??? This is it below, I am getting desparate for some clarification about the monster Copeland we bought.
    Hi
    I hope you guys may be able to help. We have bought a 2nd hand unit 1984 Copeland D9RC-1000-EWM-000 (7.5kW 3pH with matching evaporator Muller MHDE071 Fans 0.6/0.4kW and heater 5.25 KW) and a condensor about 1 sq m in size, and some padded pipework which is apparently some kind of adjustment choke system on it, put on an insulated 20ft (28 cum volume) container aftermarket.

We have been told it is a freezer and will be inefficient if choked, or would need another condensor ? added to it to run as a frig 2-4 degrees C (for packaged seed) so we would be better off (in terms of cost of power at 20c per kWhr ) to sell it and buy a single phase frig unit new to chill the container.

A different frig guy says he can get it to work as a frig on the container and thinks it will only run when it needs to (no modulation issues like a standard reefer) say for a couple of hours a day which would not be too expensive say $6 a day c.f. a standard reefer container which runs say 16 hours a day and cost about $30 per day to run. ($7,000-$11,000 a year more)

Also we want to build a 60sqm coolroom next summer.

Will this beast work reasonably cost effectively for either use on the container or the coolroom as a frig unit at +2 to4 C with only going in/out about once a day. (We know the more modern scroll condensors are more efficient but not by how much).

Hope you can help.

Cheers, Christine (damsel in frig distress!)

Quote Originally Posted by TRASH101 View Post
    Hello and welcome Kylie

I had heard rumours that women had joined the trade and here am I actually chatting to one.

I feel very humbled
    Lol.... I wouldn't feel humbled..... more along the lines of...

DOH!

Just doing some work for our website today, which entails me putting together a bit of a glossary of terms for Air Conditioning... I reckon I'm gonna be all clued up by the end of the day!

I won't be posting up any ads though US Iceman - not really much point in advertising to the experts - you all probably have it all anyway!

Thanks for the warm welcome anyhow!

Coolseed, go to the 'New to RE' forum; Underneath the notice to new members, there is a button that says 'New Thread', click that and you're on your way to getting a new thread of your very own I wish I could help with your query - but I can't

Although I'm wondering if your question wouldn't be better posted in 'Refrigeration Divisions' > 'Commercial'?

I did try to post a link for you but I can't do that till I've got more than 15 posts - I'll be blown if I'm going to spam just to get there!

HTH a little bit though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Coolseed, go to the 'New to RE' forum; Underneath the notice to new members, there is a button that says 'New Thread', click that and you're on your way to getting a new thread of your very own I wish I could help with your query - but I can't

Although I'm wondering if your question wouldn't be better posted in 'Refrigeration Divisions' > 'Commercial'?

I did try to post a link for you but I can't do that till I've got more than 15 posts - I'll be blown if I'm going to spam just to get there!

HTH a little bit though!
    Been here 2 days and your lawing down orders?!

Tut, women.

PSssssssssssst... You never sent that email throught with the links!

Misses Kylie and coolseed,

Welcome to our "little" refrigeration forums.

Best Regards

Baptista
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

Hi Kylie,
    welcome to the house of horrors.

magoo

Quote Originally Posted by Clk320_Greg View Post
    Been here 2 days and your lawing down orders?!

Tut, women.

PSssssssssssst... You never sent that email throught with the links!
    Hush your face Gregory

I'll send it from home tonight - didn't think it was wise to come from the work email address

Hi, Kylie

welcome to RE forums ... be free and ask what you need ... we'll try to answer .. ... there is much less silly questions then answers... believe me..

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Hi Folks, just thought I'd drop by and say hello

My name as you may have guessed is Kylie. I'm 28, living in Kent/London and I'm essentially the marketing manager for a leading HVAC hire company in the UK - not doing too badly in the other countries we operate within too!

I thought I may as well join; pointed in your direction by another member on here (CLK320_Greg), when I mentioned I wanted to learn the basics of the industry and find out what was what at a grass roots level.

Hope you don't mind me sticking around, and from time to time asking silly questions!

Cheers for now!
    Kylie.
    Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

welcome to RE
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"

Welcome KYLIE no worries, I worked offshore for 18 years as a contractor doing Refrig/ A/C and hvac. In the late eighties, Shell, introduced woman into the offshore arena, and most of em were streets ahead of the blokes, so good on ya!----------------- opps, sorry lads..................