Hello to all,, and a little advice please...?

First of all I would like to say Hi to all on the forum, I have been a member for a while now although this is my first post, I must say there are some very knowledgeable engineers on here with a mine of useful information ,, hopefully one of you clever people out there can help me with a small problem with a split aircon I am having trouble with ,, ?

The offending article is a Sharp AE-X10BE inverter, the unit will run for a few mins before failing and showing error 14,, when it fails the outdoor unit is not firing up , although strangely enough this appears to be intermitant because on my last visit the unit worked fine on the first try and the customer reports it will work occasionaly if they keep trying it !..

I have trawled the web for any info on this unit without success, have even tryed to contact sharp on the matter who I must say seem quite un-interested in helping, not sure if it's just me or any one else out there has the same problem..?

anyway I would be most grateful for any assistance you guys can offer on the matter..?

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Blog Entries

Re: Hello to all,, and a little advice please...?

I wish I could help, but down here the model numbers are the same as every other brand. I can't find anything with '10' in it, they're all '09', '12', '18', '24' and '30' just like every other brand as they are standard numbers.
    I'll have a look at standard inverter error codes to see if I see a strong enough pattern though to guess what error '14' means.

edit: OK, I think it's compressor temp too high. Either faulty thermistor or compressor, or unit short of refrigerant.
    Last edited by paul_h; 06-07-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks for your replies ,, any help on this one is greatly appreciated,

Nike , thank you, had seen those manuals , but was rather hoping to get some free advice , but if all else fails I may have to spend some money

Paul, thanks for trying to help with this, interesting thoughts,, I know it is not short on refrigerant as I checked that on the first visit when it ran properly for a good hour or so .. ! Compressor ,, usually clear cut good or bad, but yes it could be faulty when warm,, but 9 times out of 10 it will not even start up ,, thermistor is looking favorite to me at the moment ,, just cant understand why it is intermitant tho...?

Thanks again guys,

Lee

Sharp AE-X10BE inverter....fault 14..?

can no-body shed any light on this problem ? ,, could really do with some help here guys as the customer is getting very upset ,, and the weather here is getting hotter ..

Thanks in advance

only thing i can recommend is make sure that the communication from indoor to outdoor are seperated from any power circuit,unplug and plug in again every thing on the boards in case of loose connection,look for dry solder joints or any thing that doesnt look right on boards.sorry mate hope it is of some help.
    maybe the customer would like a nice holiday in sunny south australia,cant get the balls back on the brass monkey lately.
    Last edited by lowcool; 09-07-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: mmm holiday
    mmm to beer or not to beer...........lets drink breakfast

does it work in test mode everytime assuming it has one of course

Hi Lowcool,

Thanks for your input mate, have already tried most of your suggestions and there is nothing blindingly obvious ,, as for the test mode , if it has one i dont know about it on this unit , don't believe it has one but i may be wrong.

anyway I have today relented and called in the sharp technician from nicosia ,, very sad when i can't get to the bottom of a problem, but for the customers sake i must pass this one on.

Sorry to hear about the weather over there , will ship some sunshine over right away for you, we have an abundance of the stuff here...

Thanks again for trying to help,

Lee

im feeling warmer already thanks rep tec you dont by chance happen to know any anti rain dances that only affect suburban areas as the country still requires plenty more rain.
    Last edited by lowcool; 10-07-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: cant spell