gree air conditioner spares and info???

Hi All,
    i was wondering if you could give me some advice on a gree kfr-45g, i have one thats ok on cool but cuts out on heat, standing pressure are 925kpa (135psi) when started on cooling l/line pressures flacuate between 350-400kpa ( 50-60 psi) and suction line is 300-325 kpa (45-50 psi), on heating the suct line (now disch) pressure shoots straight up to 2200 kpa(320psi) and drops almost as quickly down to 1875 kpa(220psi), the unit then runs and heats ok but head pressure rises constantly taking 5-8 mins to reach 2500-2600 kpa, at this stage the compressor is so hot it cuts out on internal overload, i have changed the capacitor as it was reading low but this has made no change, i think im up for capillarys and check valve, if you happen to know any suppliers for gree in australia and even part numbers etc ill be as happy as a pig in it thanks tim...

Re: gree air conditioner spares and info???

I am fairly sure they have an indoor coil temp sensor that drops speed of outdoor fan, so as the lower compressor load/discharge pressure.
    Alternative is go on-line direct to Gree China, google the name. Worked up there and the two main a/c players are Gree and Haier, very freindly websites.

i have googled and googled gree and all i can find is plenty of sites but in chinease if you happen to have sites in your favs do you mind posting in here thanks for your advice too

Sounds like perfectly normal operation for the start up.
    Getting up to those pressures is normal, as said by magoo, the outdoor fan normally cuts out before the compressor gets too hot /has too much load.

How long does it run at 2800kpa for before cutting out (just seconds, or 10mins?)

I'd be checking what the temp is where the indoor coil sensor if while it's running at high pressure/temps.
    As a rule of thumb, when those thermistors read about 55-60°C is when they cut the outdoor fan out.
    If the indoor coil temp isn't even that high a temperature when the HP is 2800kPa, then you have a refrigerant flow problem as the coil should be at least that hot at that pressure.

If the indoor coil is over 55°C but the outdoor fan is not shutting off the bring the HP down, then you have a electronic/control problem.

edit: Can't rule out air in the system either, a lot of these cheap brands are installed by the cheap installers who often don't evacuate.
    Last edited by paul_h; 03-07-2009 at 10:34 AM.

hey guys, a lot of those units are the same as carrier/ york and other various brands same unit different sticker. a york/carrier parts may fit it. had similar problem with a york changed indoor temp sensor. still same thing, capillary tube most likely blocked.

Hi guys,
    i have not had a chance to get back on here but the day i posted i still had my gauges on the unit, when i removed them the oil was filthy like a dirty muddy creek, i still cannot scource the parts i am waiting a reply form gree in sydney but he thinks he cannot help on these old models (its only bout 6 yrs) any way if i cant get them i cant fix it i'll quote a new unit, thanks heaps for your replies take it ez

actrol used to flog em off,maybe they can give you a lead.
    mmm to beer or not to beer...........lets drink breakfast

chunglan parts will probably fit aswell same quality probably same factory.

My first thoughts are air in system or maby lack of air flow.

seems as everything seems to be maybe,maybe reversing valve has a small bypass thus directing hot gas straight into suction line to compressor.anyway good luck with the new unit after 6 years they have probably got their moneys worth
    mmm to beer or not to beer...........lets drink breakfast

TchTim you said earlier the oil looked like mud.
    The whole system will be contaminated with it, possibly the high HP has cooked the oil charge etc.,
    Best advise is start again with new system and new pie work. Your work will exceed the cost of replacement and the system will always be suspect.
    magoo
    Last edited by Magoo; 10-07-2009 at 02:05 AM. Reason: diction