Thread: To Aiyub

Hybrid View

To Aiyub

In what specific in aviation are you interested Aiyub?
    I saw the change in you avatar to a company that's repairing PAPI'sn, VASI's and AGL lights.

Peter
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Re: To Aiyub

Peter.

Airport runway lights, airport signage, also commercial lighting, beacons, mainly stuff from Osram and Thorn, but working with only one of two official distributors in the UK
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Peter,

Some of the areas we are involved in, not all.

1. AGL Lights = 'Airfield Ground Lighting' this is a phrase that any maintenance engineer or any one associated with an airport would refer to their lighting which is Airside, i.e.: not in the departure lounge.

2. Papi = The PAPI and APAPI systems using PPL units with either 2 or 3 light channels offer the pilot information enabling him to carry out the approach procedure with the utmost accuracy and safety. (See leaflet attached).

There are a couple of links below which might be useful to you, the ADB one is probably the best as it outlines a runway and indicates what goes where (I use it when I am not sure)

http://www.adb-air.com/en/productcenter/index.shtml

http://www.thornairfield.com/

New web site will shortly be on line which is a far cry from the old one.

Abe
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Aiyub,

Are you out of HVAC/R business and is this perhaps your new job?

I knew these systems - I have an ATPL license and a PPL instructor license - but I wondered why there was a sudden link to these kind of light systems?

Peter
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Peter

Im out of the fridge game, As of Sep 15 I will be a Marketing Consultant full time, but will be working within the HVAC /R industry and also dipping my hands into the Aviation side.

The past two years, have been okay on the fridge side, but my real love is aviation. I was only a little mite..........4 years old, when one day my papa took me to the airport.....

On the tarmac was a Boeing 707..........its engines spooling. The thrill of the whine, the smell of kerosene..........I was hooked.

And I still am , till today. Highlight of my year is always the Royal Air Tatoo held at RAF Fairford...........and Farnborough, when its around

I always tell my freinds........I can quite happily spend the rest of my life............above on an aeroplane.........only touching down to pick up supplies!!!

But its brilliant to know that a fellow member is an ATPL and a PPL instructor no less!!! The qualities of our members has no bounds !! lol

Now u want to hear why I threw in the towel on the fridge side??? It was all to do with a ferret!!!!

My next post will tell all

I thought it was because you fell out with LG