Whirlpool S20B RSB21-A/G..

Last week i cleaned out the Ice Cube Container as the Cubes were stuck together Slightly.. Since then, The Freezer Runs Perfect for a hour and then the Alarm goes Off, The -18 on the Door goes to - -.. If i turn the Freezer Off and Reset it, It runs great for another hour and Alarm goes Off again.. I also noticed the Fan isConstantly running and Never goes off..
    So for the past few days , I cancelled the alarm only to stop the bleep and have just left it, As the freezer appeared to still work , Although not sure on the Ice Cube maker...
    Anyway came home tonight and it Seems the Fridge altough set on 3 is NOT Cool.. it isn,t Hot but clearly isn,t working..

ARE ALL these symptoms down to the Same problem and is it a easy Fix.. The Fridge Freezer is only 4 years old, And i have just about lost All patience with it..

THANKS,, Please reply quickly...

Re: Whirlpool S20B RSB21-A/G..

you need to replace the rear pcb on this one

the Alarm goes Off,What for Alarm is it showing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri B. View Post
    the Alarm goes Off,
    What for Alarm is it showing?

The MAIN Alarm, Not the Door Alarms...

Quote Originally Posted by tonto33 View Post
    you need to replace the rear pcb on this one
    OK,, I was told the Same Answer to the Last problem i had, Which was the Water would not Dispense properly unless i opened the Fridge door, Also there was a Clicking noise when i tried to use it,,

So does the REAR PCB govern All this..As of today the Fridge is Lovely and Warm and i am using the Freezer as a Fridge as the Ice-cubes are All Melting..

Anyone got a Sledge Hammer.??????

yes the whole crap thing is powered by the rear pcb controls everything temp, defrost, compressor etc etc

OK, Looking into getting a New PC Board for the Rear.. BUT today i was checking on the Web and there was a Guy with the Exact Same Problem as Me.. He changed ALL the Caps on the Rear PCB and the Problem was the Same,, So he emptied the Freezer and took the Inner Rear Panels Off and found a Massive Ice Block covering everything, So he Defrosted it with a Hairdryer and he said it now works Perfect..
    Anyway i followed his Advice and removed the Inner panels and also mine was also solid ice,, I have now Defrosted everything and switched everything back on.. I can feel some Cool Air now coming into the Fridge , But it has only been running 2 hrs MAX..
    Would the Rear PCB cause Ice UP.. Or is it cause the Kids leave the door open too long.. Will update tomorrow to say how it is performing.. BUT the Alarm is staying Off on the Freezer now..

Keeping my Fingers Crossed..

UPDATE...

...30 Hours Later...

Everything is Working Perfect... Keeping my fingers Crossed the Build up of Ice doesn,t return shortly.. Ice bucket is almost Full and they are NOT Melting and the Fridge is Cool as it should be...

Will update date in a couple days...

13 July...

1 Week later. And tonight the Main Alarm goes OFF.. The Fridge doesn,t appear to be blowing Cool.. I am Sure Lower Freezer has ICED up again blocking the Fridge Vent.

So what is Causing this,, ??????

Is it the PC Board OR is the Heater not kicking in to Defrost the Element which is Freezing Up..

Would like a Fast Reponse, As i need to do a Monthly Shop next Week..

the relay for defrost heater is sticking on pcb not allowing it to complete defrost causing ice build up which is stopping the cold air from the freezer blowin across to the fridge,u can remove ice again but after week be back to frozen state and have to start again

the relay for defrost heater is sticking on pcb not allowing it to complete defrost causing ice build up which is stopping the cold air from the freezer blowin across to the fridge,u can remove ice again but after week be back to frozen state and have to start again

I can buy a NEW REAR PCB for £115 with it being a Genuine Part,, Will this come with the Relay ??? and if So correct All my Problems.. I am NOT using the Freezer at the Moment just the Ice Maker,, BUT i am Using the Fridge , So i don,t mind Defrosting it Again in a few Days, BUT really need to sort it for Next Week , As i need to go Food Shopping.????????

relays are built into the pcb and yes it should sort all problems out as we fit quite a few each week never had any come backs

atech2007 Guest

Unhappy Re: Whirlpool S20B RSB21-A/G..

Hi, I have a Whirlpool S20BRSB21-A/G American style fridge freezer. in the process of moving to our new home I un-screwed the door handle to get it in the van and out the door unfortunately I lost the screws. please can you recommend where I can get a replacement.
    regards

Irishwhirlpool Guest

relays are built into the pcb and yes it should sort all problems out as we fit quite a few each week never had any come backs
    Hi, I had the exact same problem and had to call out the service engineer. The cause of the build up of ice inside the rear panel inside the freezer compartment was due to a temperature sensor falling out of position and being too close to fins. Engineer simply cable tied the sensor into position after turning it 180 deg's on pipe above fins. Sensor must be on top of pipe and not below it.

I ordered and replaced the capacitors on the rear PCB panel which helped stop the clicking and flashing lights when dispensing water .... but before replacing them the freezer wasn't staying cold but blowing cold air......now it's not and freezer is defosting.

I am going to try replace new capicitor back with old one and see if i can get it to blow cold air again into freezer.

My question is tho ..... if this fails ....where is the best... and cheapest place to source a new rear pcb board for this freezer???

Thanks in advance, Bob.

Well it a great advice, thanks.

just replace the pcb board already!! I got tired just reading on what you are going through and what you are doing about it. I had the same problem with a door to door whirpool (clicking when pouring water etc.) and replace the board and havent heard from the customer again.