Gymkata Guest

Haier Commerical Cool Remote Problem

We recently purchased a Haier Commercial Cool Portable Room A/C, model # CPRB09xC7. We set everything up and it was working correctly. After a few hours of running, we changed the temperature from 61 degrees Fahrenheit to 71 degrees. After another few hours we turned the unit off for another couple of hours. When we attempted to turn the machine back on, the remote control would no longer work. We can use the on/off switch on the unit itself to turn it on or off, however the only way to change the temperature is with the remote, which no longer works. The manual is no help, as all the troubleshooting guides are for the unit itself, not the remote. Several calls to Haier's Customer Service line have also been uneventful. We've tried changing the batteries in the remote, which didn't help. Anyone have any idea whats wrong with it?

Thank You

animegrrl Guest

Re: Haier Commerical Cool Remote Problem

im having the same issue. called to get a new remote and after the 3rd call they charged me 65$ for a used remote that wasnt even close to the same model number i gave them. finally got a new remote. and it still doesnt work. im thinking that there might be a sensor issue but they want me to take it to a service depot 2 hrs(by train) away. i can carry this 100 lb. machine on a train safe to say. and im worried about opening up the a/c to see if i could fix it and ruining any chance of not being charged for repair by the warranty(fat chance anyways seeing how they charged me for the remote lol). this was a 300$ machine that only lasted 6 months. and im noticing more and more people with this same issue. can anyone recommend/help me with this? i would be very appreciative. thankyou

get legal advice and push the message home to the manufacturer and supplier before attempting any repair.i assume this is an air conditioner and there are universal remotes available on the market,again at your expense.
    good luck and dont back down!
    mmm to beer or not to beer...........lets drink breakfast

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

If you have a digital camera try looking at the remote controller 'eye' through the camera.

If the controller is working you should see the 'eye' blinking on the camera view finder screen.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015