Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Optimization of the refrigeration plants operation

Quote Originally Posted by RefrigNoob View Post
    That is so very true

But it sounds like what you're doing will catch on, and we might even get some people like you here in the 3rd world eventually

Good luck with your endeavors!
    Thanks. I hope that one day end users will realise that optimization is the best way to save energy.

skolapper Guest

Optimization of the refrigeration plants operation

SEO means Search Engine Optimizationits the best way to make our posts or article popular on internet by doing link building and by taking parts in Google groups and yahoo groups its easy.

jerry68nh3 Guest

As an operator of a NH3 plant there are things that an operator can do to reduce energy costs, I have implemented many items that have small effects on the system as a whole. I have installed VFD's on condenser fans, and written plc code to run these fans on PID loops based on head pressure, also VFD's on evaporator fans in areas that can handle reduced air flow, fans can be set to reduce speed when temp in room is satisfied. Also optimize defrost, temp sensors on suction lines and programming that will trigger defrost when superheat from the evaportor starts to fall because the coil is icing over. There are many things that can help in these systems.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry68nh3 View Post
    As an operator of a NH3 plant there are things that an operator can do to reduce energy costs, I have implemented many items that have small effects on the system as a whole. I have installed VFD's on condenser fans, and written plc code to run these fans on PID loops based on head pressure, also VFD's on evaporator fans in areas that can handle reduced air flow, fans can be set to reduce speed when temp in room is satisfied. Also optimize defrost, temp sensors on suction lines and programming that will trigger defrost when superheat from the evaportor starts to fall because the coil is icing over. There are many things that can help in these systems.
    Can you give us more information about PID loops? You mentioned about temp sensors on suction lines to initiate defrost. Can you give more information about these coils(feed, air temp, evaporating temp, ...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12