Arrow

i am still finding it difficult to gain employment or any experience in this trade even with a 2078 and also completing the 6127 - final exam 10th June.

is there any other qualifications i could do to become more employable?

i have been looking for employment in the RAC for nearly over a year now and still not any closer.

1st i went down the apprentice route and all the companies told me to go to training 2000. registered with them and was under the impression that they would find a company for me which months later i realised that wasnt the case and i was ment to find a company and forward them onto training 2000. so i start writing and going to see some directors and still kept refering me to training 2000. may june july august went by and still nothing and finally i get letter from training 2000 that i didnt meet any of the employers critieria so no apprenticeship for me that year.

So i decided to go and find a qualification in the industry to put on my cv hopeing to make me more employable. september 2008 went to manchester college and started the city&guilds RAC 6127 course and was told it is a stepping stone into the industry. my final exam is next wednesday and confident i will breeze through it but i still feel im at a dead end not any closer to getting a job in this field.

i really do not want to wait any longer i am desprate to be employed even for £1 and hour aslong as i am working in the trade thats all i want. during this year while studying the course i wrote off to companies again and went to see some directors and went down the voluntry route and was still being rejected.

in the last couple of weeks i was literally told to **** off because i kept doing what they asked me to do "nothing right now come back end of next month"

every time i call i dont even ask for employment/ voluntry anymore because i have been rejected so many times iv given up, all i want is 1 week 2 week 3 week experiance PLEASSEEEE!!!!

so what is the SECRET off getting in the trade?!?!?!?

WHAT DOES AN POTENTIAL EMPLOYER WANT TO HEAR FROM ME, IF IM A IMPROVER ENGINEER?

i have the knowledge but no experiance i am very eager and hungry to start my career its just frustrating that no one can offer me any experiance at all "no work scheduled for the next month sorry try again later"

i have the following qualifications:

Full UK Drivers Licence/Transport
    Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Level 2 City & Guilds 6127
    Safe Refrigerant Handling Certificate 2078

Nadeem - PM me
    Last edited by chillin out; 01-06-2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Multi posting event

Re: the secret behind getting a job as a improver engineer!

Posting your question in multi threads will not achieve a quicker response.

With the current financial climate most employers are cutting back - not setting new trainees on.
    Some engineers are being made redundant as the amount of installation work reduces, so your frustration at not being able to gain a job at the moment is understandable.

Maybe you ought to consider waiting until the financial climate improves as you run the risk of upsetting potential employers with constant badgering.

10/10 for your efforts though. Not everyone is so keen to get on in life, some even have no intention of ever getting a job, just relying on state handouts and our willingness to keep funding their lifesyles with our hard earned tax contributions.

join the army and learn that way..there are many great engineering jobs etc to be had and someone is always fighting for something. just a thought.

Hi Nadeem

It is difficult at the moment, all the companies that I know are short of work and are waiting for the Summer to see if things pick up,

If work does start to boom again I think there will be a mass movement of engineers and the merry-go-round will start. There seems to be a lot of unhappy engineers at the moment.

It is not just you trying to get into the trade but also experienced guys trying to find jobs.

good luck

pingo

hello m8, army sounds a good way, plus you get to travel

Hi Nadeem,
    Your not alone im 55 yrs of age been in the industry about 12yrs now transport refrigeration that is.
    im also not having any luck and im currentlky un employed have you tried TJ refrigeration? i think they up your end?
    but as other threads say army cud be the best way to go think of it repairing a/c on the mess tents in the middle east perhaps i know not so long ago they was lookin for people to go to afghanistan to do refrigeration & a/c repairs!
    all the best mate let me know if you come good.
    rgards wilt

thank you guys for the comments ...appreciate it.

still no success so im going to wait untl around april/may time to start ringing companies again. i tried TJ Refrigeration they offered me the 'design engineer job' and wanted me to stay in the office but i wanted to be hands on and be the practical engineer installing and servicing and getting my NVQ. 6 months later when it was summer 2009 and EVERYONE just said decliend me i regretted not taking the job from TJ as i would be working in the rac field atleast. neway...hoping 2010 will be more positive i pray it does.

il look into the army route of becoming an engineer thanks for the idea no one advised that before.

cheers guys