Lenny_b Guest

Thumbs up Bit of help needed.

Morning guys (and gals), a little help needed and would be appreciated.
    I want to train up as an engineer, but have absolutely no idea where to start.

Im 40, 2 kids, mortgage etc etc and my current job, FLT instructor, just isnt suitable for me anymore. I need more, something to get my teeth into and earn a living.

Ive got a pretty technical mind and am fairly capable with stuff (fitted new sealed unit absorbtion fridge in my caravan yesterday) but its always been a hobby to fit and do stuff, so nows about time i put my enthusiasm into play and earn a living at it.

So where do i start?

Any help would be helpful....ahem.

I live in North West Uk (Wirral).

So what do i need, where do i start?

Any good sources of reading material i can grab as a good starter to help me?

Also are any of these "quick" training courses helpful, not to be qualified, but to give a decent footing. Im not soft, i know it takes years to gain decent knowledge and understanding, but is it worth me borrowing some money for a course somewhere?

Pretty desperate to get my teeth in at a starter level anywhere, so any help appreciated whatsoever.

Thanks.

Re: Bit of help needed.

study the course Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Level 2 City&Guilds 6127, at the manchester college. it provides good foundation technical knowledge, my last exam is on 10 june next wednesday.

i have personally found it difficult in getting a job or even experiaece in this field but still went to college last septemeber and loved the course my ambition is to be very successfull in this trade, i wouldnt recomend any other trade just RAC!!!!!!

i have also done the Safe Refrigerant Handling Certificate 2078 - that is essential in this trade, the college will provide the practicals for the 2078 before you do the assessment.

even with all this studying i havent been any closer to being employed YET!!! maybe because of my age? i dont know but the day i get my foot in my success story will start ...... (please someone give me a job)

anybody looking for a labourer/improver engineer please get in touch - Nadeem 0787 238 2349