Thread: R40

R40

Hi guys,
    I had a call today from a local butcher, he wished me to undertake a refrigerant recharge on a system within his shop. Nothing to extraordinary so far, then he added it was Methyl chloride that he required. I have to be honest here I was at a loss I asked him if he was talking about Ammonia, he went on to explain the coshh details he had attached to the now empty cylinder and it sounded quite problematic. I checked the internet to try and find what it was he has over there. It was discovered that this refrigerant was R40, totally something I am unfamiliar with and reading the details on the gas it is very old but was very good at condensing. Everything else I read was not very attractive has anyone worked with this Refrigerant of late I understand it was popular in the US.
    Regards
    Sparrow.

Always easy on the eye.

Re: R40

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    Hi guys,
    I had a call today from a local butcher, he wished me to undertake a refrigerant recharge on a system within his shop. Nothing to extraordinary so far, then he added it was Methyl chloride that he required. I have to be honest here I was at a loss I asked him if he was talking about Ammonia, he went on to explain the coshh details he had attached to the now empty cylinder and it sounded quite problematic. I checked the internet to try and find what it was he has over there. It was discovered that this refrigerant was R40, totally something I am unfamiliar with and reading the details on the gas it is very old but was very good at condensing. Everything else I read was not very attractive has anyone worked with this Refrigerant of late I understand it was popular in the US.
    Regards
    Sparrow.
    Hi sparrow, It was widely used in the 50`s and 60`s it is flamable any read this

http://trivenichemical.tradeindia.co...-Chloride.html

Norm
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Toosh View Post
    Hi sparrow, It was widely used in the 50`s and 60`s it is flamable any read this

http://trivenichemical.tradeindia.co...-Chloride.html

Norm
    Thanks Toosh, I telephoned the Butcher and told him where he could find the product I myself will take no further part in this one.

Good to know about the Refrigerant though if I am asked again.

Sparrow
    Always easy on the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    Thanks Toosh, I telephoned the Butcher and told him where he could find the product I myself will take no further part in this one.

Good to know about the Refrigerant though if I am asked again.

Sparrow
    You are welcome.
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said