Arrow any of your bosses looking to take on a new apprentice/improver engineer?!

i have completed the safe handling certificate 2078 and also studying at the Manchester College which is about to end, final exam is on 10th June for the air conditioning & refrigeration level 2 city&guilds 6127. i have a full uk drievrs licence and willing to travel beyond my area.

i have tried contacting many companies all year round and all i hear is recession cant afford to take you on and when i ask to work volunterely they say to me sorry no jobs scheduled for you to come get experiance from! so i am never getting any closer to stepping into the trade when these managers and directors dont really want to know and sit there and complain.

i a m desperately desperately desperately looking to work for someone ASAP i have the knowledge but not the experiance willing to work for free and just want to get on with a job in this trade.

please somebody get back to me positively

thank you

nadeem
    Last edited by chillin out; 26-05-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: It's not a good idea to post personal information on the internet.

Re: any of your bosses looking to take on a new apprentice/improver engineer?!

Are you working now Nadeem?
    Do you have any practical experience at all?

I put the multideck fridges in at Ish's Off licence near you!!!

PM me your number, i may be able to help out.

eggs

Well.....well, this is the second time i have offered work experience / training possibly employment to youths on this forum.

Neither have bothered to get in touch........ah well, their loss.

Perhaps is something i said

Eggs

eggs hi iv just joined the forum and think iv sent you a message! could you confirm i did it correct!!

cheers
    forrest

I can confirm you have done it incorrectly.

Bangs head against wall......again.....again.....again...... is it any wonder people can not find work?

Simple instructions like "PM me your number, i may be able to help out" can not be followed.

Imagine for a second
    "Trainee, get the nitrogen out of the van and rig it up for purging this pipework, make sure it's not oxygen"

BANG

Eggs or one of his band of merry men are dead.

"trainee, 3 teas, 2 with 2 sugars one without, all with milk......and get yourself one" god only knows what they come back with.

Bang

Eggs or one of his band of merry men gets the wrong drink, trainee gets his steel toe caps welded to the steelwork.

"trainee, go and get some pipe from HRP"...............................fuggit, i'll go myself.

Eggs

well mate i would come back with 3 teas two with sugar one without and all with milk for my self i would tidy up whilst you all had a cuppa!

Nothing personal Forrest,

You wouldn't believe how difficult it is as an employer to get trainees/labourers who are literate, numerate and who can get up in the morning. Let alone reply to a chance of work in the manner requested.
    For the job i had in mind to give the OP some work experience (7 months work local to his home), I have taken on an unemployed mate of a mate bricklayer but he can use a tape measure, make tea and his wife, three kids and mortgage give him reason to get up in the mornings.

Are you based in the NW?

Eggs

I live in sheffield pal. got two boys mortgage and an understanding wife who has supported me thro' this downturn in work hence i get out of bed!!! im 37 pal i know what works all about it's not a game it's hard work and dedication like iv said in my message i dont mind working weekends bank holidays etc. done 11 years as a brewery dispense engineer can braize and understand the basics of refrigeration. I just need a a company to give me a chance to get my foot in the door and i would not let them down!
    cheers
    forrest

My apologies to eggs,

I did attach my CV on to this thread but realised now someone has taken it down.

Nadeem Mansoor
    Preston
    Last edited by chillin out; 27-05-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadeem146 View Post
    My apologies to eggs,

I did attach my CV on to this thread but realised now someone has taken it down.
    That was I.

Do not post personal information on websites for your own safety.
    Use the PM system we have.

Chillin
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    Nothing personal Forrest,

You wouldn't believe how difficult it is as an employer to get trainees/labourers who are literate, numerate and who can get up in the morning. Let alone reply to a chance of work in the manner requested.
    For the job i had in mind to give the OP some work experience (7 months work local to his home), I have taken on an unemployed mate of a mate bricklayer but he can use a tape measure, make tea and his wife, three kids and mortgage give him reason to get up in the mornings.

Are you based in the NW?

Eggs
    Eggs, i am based NW. 45k per annum and im yours. yes i can use a spirit level. i am numerate also.
    And littttteratteeee.
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

TRASH101 is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Eggs, i am based NW. 45k per annum and im yours. yes i can use a spirit level. i am numerate also.
    And littttteratteeee.
    Forget Slingblade. For 44.9 k per annum I'll move to the NW, learn to speak geordie, sign up to open university BA degree in english and maths, shine your shoes and vote for you should you choose to become an MEP.

Quidvis Recte Factum Quamvis Humile Praeclarum.

Latine dictum, sit altum videtur.

Si hoc comprehendere potes, gratias age magistro Latinae.

[quote=TRASH101;148248]Forget Slingblade. For 44.9 k per annum I'll move to the NW, learn to speak geordie, sign up to open university BA degree in english and maths, shine your shoes and vote for you should you choose to become an MEP.

Sry trash geordie is the North East

TRASH101 is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

DOH

I guess that means I won't get an interview, dammit I was looking forward to all that brown ale too.
    Quidvis Recte Factum Quamvis Humile Praeclarum.

Latine dictum, sit altum videtur.

Si hoc comprehendere potes, gratias age magistro Latinae.

i am still looking for work experience/training can anybody help?!

i was working with a company for a few days a week on service calls across the north west and north east until their new apprentice was due to start so i was no longer allowed shadow their engineer

the time i was there i cleaned condensers sometimes having to use nitrogen, changed compressors on ice machines and replaced many fan motors. never got round to an install unfortunatly.

im not asking for a job because im sure to hear 'not at the moment not busy enough' all im asking is can someone out there please throw me in the van with one of your engineers and let me go out and learn and gain more practical experience for NO pay whatsoever i will make my own way to your office and back home!

someone please save me from the misery of not being in the trade.

Nadeem Mansoor
    0787 238 2349
    Preston

conairpreston@aol.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    Well.....well, this is the second time i have offered work experience / training possibly employment to youths on this forum.

Neither have bothered to get in touch........ah well, their loss.

Perhaps is something i said

Eggs
    Hi there my name is Paul Earnshaw and i live in North Wales. I have been recently been made redundant 3 months ago and i have been applying to loads of companies but no one wants trainees. I dont mind what i do. Anything like second man jobs or maint. I dont mind. I dont no if any one could help me in any way i would be grateful

Hope to hear from someone Many Thanks

Paul88

do i still stand a chance in getting a job this year round?

or is things going to get worse?

Re: any of your bosses looking to take on a new apprentice/improver engineer

Quote Originally Posted by WeecelmIncinc View Post
    why would you just say your slow? thats dumb. just get faster. if you just tell yourself that your slow and dont get any better but instead ask for a stratagy that suits slow people thats pathetic.
    Whom are you referring too !!!!
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

i am STILL looking to enter the trade, do you know if your company could be looking for a trainee/apprentice?

also any engineers want a permanent spare of hands for FREE?

look in your local trade suppliers even apply for jobs in the likes of hrp,climate centre etc whilst there you'll develop a working relationship with loads of companies and you'll get to know straight off who's taking on