I've got a fault code on the control/temp dispaly for one of these units. It must be about 10-15 years old, because I've been informed that it's running on R502.

The code is changing intermittently from E0 to E1. I seem to recall E1 meaning a faulty evaporator probe. Apparently, the store manager has told one of our techs that this problem has been there for quite a while. He has checked the temperature in the case, and found it to be about minus 4, which is too warm for a freezer. Apparently, this temperature rises about once per month, and they switch it off and let it defrost overnight and then all is well again for another three or four weeks. I think that the unit may be failing to correctly defrost, if the evaporator probe is faulty. It isn't timeclocked but electronic so I am led to believe.

Anyway I have said I'd have a look at it over the weekend, but have no fault codes( I think that it would use Eliwell codes, but the customer tells us it's a carel temp/code display module). Then if that wasn't bad enough I've got to go and sort out a compressor pack-not cooling correctly. Who said self-employed life was easy ?!!!

Regards
James