johnolly86 Guest

Lightbulb Part Time Experience needed!

I have very recently passed my nvq for Refrigerant Handling. Dealing with the usual liquid/vapour charges/recoveries, fgases, hydrocarbons, etc etc. And im looking to do work maybe at weekends in order to build trade experience.

I'm currently employed full time for the forces, where ive been an engineer for the last 5 years, on lots of different pieces of equipment and systems, so im naturally in the right 'frame of mind'.

I've been in contact with a few companies to see about work at weekend for little/0 pay. But nobody seems to be able to help. Does anybody have any suggestions? I'd be happy to be a mere spanner passer as long as it meant i could gain experince in the trade.

Trade fade at this point is my worst fear as I've just passed and wont have many oppurtunites to work with refrigeration for the Forces.

My Regards, I look forward to hearing your replies and suggestions.

hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Re: Part Time Experience needed!

If you post your location and window for traveling to work some member may be able to assist you.

johnolly86 Guest

Good advice Hookster thank you.

I live in Liverpool, so anywhere north west would be idle, i dont mind travelling in the slightest, i'm more than used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnolly86 View Post
    I have very recently passed my nvq for Refrigerant Handling. Dealing with the usual liquid/vapour charges/recoveries, fgases, hydrocarbons, etc etc. And im looking to do work maybe at weekends in order to build trade experience.

I'm currently employed full time for the forces, where ive been an engineer for the last 5 years, on lots of different pieces of equipment and systems, so im naturally in the right 'frame of mind'.

I've been in contact with a few companies to see about work at weekend for little/0 pay. But nobody seems to be able to help. Does anybody have any suggestions? I'd be happy to be a mere spanner passer as long as it meant i could gain experince in the trade.

Trade fade at this point is my worst fear as I've just passed and wont have many oppurtunites to work with refrigeration for the Forces.

My Regards, I look forward to hearing your replies and suggestions.

Hi

Are you plannning to leave the forces ? speak to your resseltment centre on camp as they may be able to cover your liability insurance and also have a list of companies they use for people who are leaving. Decide what sector you are interested in supermarket,, transport Air conditioning ect.Its good when guys like yourself take time to find and post on sites like this.

Good Luck

Bernard