FrothyBevvy Guest

Retraining at 30 is fridge a good career move

Hi all

As my post title says Im looking to start a new career, I have been a brewery tech for 13 years and because of the industries up and downs Im looking to start a new career. I have always been interested in fridge when I worked at flowrite I did some general stuff ie:maintance of bottle cabinets cleaning and re-gassing and changing door seals lol. I know theres alot more to it but if any one could help and give me some advise of where i should be looking for training and if any companies take on 31 yr old trainees I am willing to pay for all the courses but really would like some help.

Thanks alot look forward to some replys

Re: Retraining at 30 is fridge a good career move

welcome to RE,

i will first wish you luck now my 2 pence worth

i would recommend this trade to everyone but not anybody will make a good tec (plenty of bad ones out there that get by though) with your back ground iam guessing you would make a go of it,with the current climate is changing jobs a wise move? we ain't exactly over run at the min with work but that said we all cant be quite so someone out there is doing it all,my advise would be to find a good local company willing to take you on and learn on the job then any good company will put and pay for the relevant course you need if/when you prove your worth,visiting local wholesalers,goggle,this sites jobs page will find the company's,if no one is taking on leave a CV and keep in touch with them for when they are,if this happens maybe you can go day release or night college in the mean time,look into train to gain to fund your training

other than that i wish you well,mines no sugar if our paths every cross
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"