CoolPack Software

I’ve tried the coolpack software to produce such analysis for our refrigeration system. It seems that the software requires too much information and only a few of them I was able to provide.

I’m really doubtful of how the p-h diagram looks like as per the design layout (see attached file). The 3 evaporators will have 5 °C as evaporating temperature. I believe that the evaporating temperature is the saturated suction temperature and the condensing temperature is the suction discharge temperature.

If 3 evaporators do have 5 °C evaporating temperatures, why does the diagram shows the evaporator side with 2 levels or 3 levels?

By the way, there are no 3 DX coil evaporators available in coolpack so I’ve just showed it as 2. If someone can explain it well & send the precise p-h diagram of my design layout, I would really appreciate.

THank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Re: CoolPack Software

You made analysis for two stage cycle while in your diagram I cannot see two stage cycle.
    I only see capacity controlled multiple evaporator ( at same evaporation temperature) single stage cycle.

Use CoolPack One-Stage Direct expansion analysis tool separately for each evaporator.

Hmm.. I don't know nick. I'm not yet convinced. If I'm going to make each p-h diagram on every evaporator, there is no sense of keeping the condensing capacity the same on every p-h diagram. There must be a cycle that will show the entire flow of this system. Though I'm not sure what it looks like so if anyone can sketch the actual running flow of this system on the p-h diagram, I would appreciate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jedax81 View Post
    There must be a cycle that will show the entire flow of this system. Though I'm not sure what it looks like so if anyone can sketch the actual running flow of this system on the p-h diagram, I would appreciate.
    On p-h diagram you don't have cooling or condensing capacity . When you plot conditions on diagram they are same for all 3 circuits because all values for piloting for all 3 circuits are the same. You could only have slight difference in some points when you have different superheat at expansion valves or if you have different discharge temperatures of compressors if they are different capacity/model.
    Last edited by nike123; 29-04-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Hmm.. I don't know nick. I'm not yet convinced. If I'm going to make each p-h diagram on every evaporator, there is no sense of keeping the condensing capacity the same on every p-h diagram.
    You don't have point on diagram where you could plot condenser capacity.

no nike,.. with different condensing capacity the saturated condensing temperature also changes.

Looking on the diagram with an evaporating capacity of 35KW for example will have a condesing capacity of 211Kw? Our client is going to question this. I'm not only considering the diagram itself rather I have considered the information that will show on the diagram, like Qe, Qc, Te, Tc, h1 etc..

Can someone please move this thread to its proper category? In that way I might get more answers on this. Thanks

You've got three evaporators and two compressors. If you downsize the compressors, you will end up with three evaporators and three compressors, supposedly on three circuits.
    Much easier to manage and to design.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Can someone please move this thread to its proper category? In that way I might get more answers on this. Thanks
    You started it here, where would you like to try next?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Because this topic is suppose to be under the calculator and people who most used the CoolPack software can explain well if they find this thread.

u could have posted it there also, every answer here brought out something you did miss.
    donot blame or butt around in technical discussion , it just stops there for ever