Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Few question about Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial air condition

Hi guys

I would like to have your expert advice regarding air condition, What do you think of the following system and are they suitable for medium size bedroom (3.6m x 3.55m)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial SRK25ZG-S (2.5 Kw / 9000 Btu) Inverter
    Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial SRK20ZGX-S (2.5 kW / 9000 Btu) HYPER-INVERTER

Or

Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial - SRK35ZG-S (3.5 KW 12000 Btu) Inverter
    Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK35ZGX-S (3.5 kW / 13000 Btu) HYPER-INVERTER

I’m bit confuse for how much KW do i really need? 2.5 or 3.5? i just want something best cooling & heating! And which above model is the best?

btw im from uk!

Regards
    FiReDuCk

Re: Few question about Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial air condition

Quote Originally Posted by fireduck View Post
    Hi guys

I would like to have your expert advice regarding air condition, What do you think of the following system and are they suitable for medium size bedroom (3.6m x 3.55m)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial SRK25ZG-S (2.5 Kw / 9000 Btu) Inverter

Or

Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial - SRK35ZG-S (3.5 KW 12000 Btu) Inverter
    Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK35ZGX-S (3.5 kW / 13000 Btu) HYPER-INVERTER

I’m bit confuse for how much KW do i really need? 2.5 or 3.5? i just want something best cooling & heating! And which above model is the best?

btw im from uk!

Regards
    FiReDuCk
    Without having seen the room, house construction or done any cooling load calcs it’s difficult to say.
    However, based a nominal 80 watts per m2 (typical for a UK bedroom) you only need approx. 1.036kW of cooling. Even at 100w/m2 no more than 1.278kW of cooling.
    The smallest system most manufacturers offer is a nominal 2.5kW.
    However, MHI do a nominal 2.0kW Hyper inverter system – SRK20ZGX-S. This will provide variable cooling from a minimum capacity 0.5kW to a max of 2.7kW. Heating is a nominal 2.4kW (4.6kW max). Best of all are the efficiencies.
    Cooling EER is 5.41 (power in vs Cooling out kW/kW)
    Heating COP is 5.45 (power in vs Heating out kW/kW)
    The noise level on low speed is pretty good as well at 21dBA.

All in all, a nice little system but more expensive than the standard SRK25ZG-S system which has a tad more capacity but lower efficiencies. I think a 3.5kW system for a room that size would be over kill.
    If in doubt read the instructions. If still in doubt follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrocer View Post
    Without having seen the room, house construction or done any cooling load calcs it’s difficult to say.
    However, based a nominal 80 watts per m2 (typical for a UK bedroom) you only need approx. 1.036kW of cooling. Even at 100w/m2 no more than 1.278kW of cooling.
    The smallest system most manufacturers offer is a nominal 2.5kW.
    However, MHI do a nominal 2.0kW Hyper inverter system – SRK20ZGX-S. This will provide variable cooling from a minimum capacity 0.5kW to a max of 2.7kW. Heating is a nominal 2.4kW (4.6kW max). Best of all are the efficiencies.
    Cooling EER is 5.41 (power in vs Cooling out kW/kW)
    Heating COP is 5.45 (power in vs Heating out kW/kW)
    The noise level on low speed is pretty good as well at 21dBA.

All in all, a nice little system but more expensive than the standard SRK25ZG-S system which has a tad more capacity but lower efficiencies. I think a 3.5kW system for a room that size would be over kill.
    Thanks for reply, Since you cant see my room - I'll explain that I have the following in my room (almost Square size - 3.6m x 3.55m)

- Large double glazed window (1.5m x 0.8m - roughly!!)
    - Plasma TV (42")
    - 5.1 Bose Surround system
    - Laptop
    - 9 spots light (45-50w each)

No sunlight facing my room, just bight light during daytime.

I think having MHI - SRK25GX-S Hyper Inverter 2.5Kw with 9,000Btu should be fine for my room!

But I'm still wondering what will happen if i put 3.5kw Hyper Inverter - will that give extra cooling?

Again I'm confuse as well i dont know which brand name should i go for? which is the best of the best?

"Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial" or "Mitsubishi Electric"

Another model:

MSZ-GC25VA (2.5kW / 9000Btu) Inverter Air Conditioning

Cheers
    FiReDuCk

I still say a 3.5kW is too large. Why pay extra for cooling capacity you don't need? If sized correctly Inverter systems only run at full capacity during peak summer conditions. The rest of the time they tick over at 50% capacity or less.
    Also remember that unless you're a vampire you only use the bedroom at night when the ambient temperature is lower and the sun ain't shining. Consequently the peak cooling load is lower than if you were using the room during the day. Get your installer to do a load calculation to be sure - not the wet finger in the air type but one that involves some maths or a software program.
    If you want to spend more money then go for a 2 or 2.5kW Daikin or Mitsi Electric system with a few more "bells & whistle" features e.g. economy movement sensors etc. If you want a basic OK system then the MHI or a Fujitsu system will fit the bill perfectly.
    Daikin & Mitsi Electric systems are good (5 year parts warranty if installed by acredited company). Both offer different styles of indoor units & different efficiency systems & both will cost more than the MHI systems but cost nothing more to install so the extra cost is the kit itself.
    Don't for get to remind your installer that there's only 5% VAT on residential Heat Pump A/C installations - providing its supplied and installed by a reputable VAT registered company. If you by the kit & someone else installs it = 15%Vat on both bills.
    Check out the various makes & models on the web sites and make the required comparrisons that you need.
    Can't really give you any more info than this other than if it were my bedroom I would want the quietest and most efficient - aesthetics might be of interest as well.
    Have you looked the new Hitachi S-series High wall? Their RAS 18SX8 0.5 to 2.4kW model has an EER of 6.0 & COP of 6.36 - the highest efficiency currently available. 20dBA on low speed fan setting as well and available with and IFR remote or wired 7 day programmable controller. Only snag is it don't come cheap - probably £400-500 more than the MHI hyper Inverter model & probably more expensive than the Daikin or Mitsubishi as well. Details on the Hitachi website. Then theres the Sanyo...................I could go on all night.
    Sounds like you might need a spreadsheet to list and compare all the models that are out there. I reckon you would need one with approx. 40 columns for each of the manufacturers.
    At the end of the day stick with a known good quality brand that has UK tech and spares support and a good knowledgable installer and you can't go far wrong. Compromise on either and you may regret it.
    That's all she wrote folks..............
    If in doubt read the instructions. If still in doubt follow them.

The MHI is good and the COPS are better than the Mitsi, however the quality of product is different to the Mitsi in that they are built to different specs.

Theres a video from someone on Moneysavingexpert on the MHI systems, he installed two in his house, I think they were 2.5kws each in cooling and it cools his whole house very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79UAP...eature=related

I am getting a 3rd unit installed in my house and I am going for the Mitsi HIGH Cop unit.

It has an i-see sensor which senses out cold/hot spots in the room and directs airflow to those parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrocer View Post
    I still say a 3.5kW is too large. Why pay extra for cooling capacity you don't need? If sized correctly Inverter systems only run at full capacity during peak summer conditions. The rest of the time they tick over at 50% capacity or less.
    Also remember that unless you're a vampire you only use the bedroom at night when the ambient temperature is lower and the sun ain't shining. Consequently the peak cooling load is lower than if you were using the room during the day. Get your installer to do a load calculation to be sure - not the wet finger in the air type but one that involves some maths or a software program.
    If you want to spend more money then go for a 2 or 2.5kW Daikin or Mitsi Electric system with a few more "bells & whistle" features e.g. economy movement sensors etc. If you want a basic OK system then the MHI or a Fujitsu system will fit the bill perfectly.
    Daikin & Mitsi Electric systems are good (5 year parts warranty if installed by acredited company). Both offer different styles of indoor units & different efficiency systems & both will cost more than the MHI systems but cost nothing more to install so the extra cost is the kit itself.
    Don't for get to remind your installer that there's only 5% VAT on residential Heat Pump A/C installations - providing its supplied and installed by a reputable VAT registered company. If you by the kit & someone else installs it = 15%Vat on both bills.
    Check out the various makes & models on the web sites and make the required comparrisons that you need.
    Can't really give you any more info than this other than if it were my bedroom I would want the quietest and most efficient - aesthetics might be of interest as well.
    Have you looked the new Hitachi S-series High wall? Their RAS 18SX8 0.5 to 2.4kW model has an EER of 6.0 & COP of 6.36 - the highest efficiency currently available. 20dBA on low speed fan setting as well and available with and IFR remote or wired 7 day programmable controller. Only snag is it don't come cheap - probably £400-500 more than the MHI hyper Inverter model & probably more expensive than the Daikin or Mitsubishi as well. Details on the Hitachi website. Then theres the Sanyo...................I could go on all night.
    Sounds like you might need a spreadsheet to list and compare all the models that are out there. I reckon you would need one with approx. 40 columns for each of the manufacturers.
    At the end of the day stick with a known good quality brand that has UK tech and spares support and a good knowledgable installer and you can't go far wrong. Compromise on either and you may regret it.
    That's all she wrote folks..............
    Now I understand everything clearly – I'll go for only 2.5 Kw

Yep, I knew about VAT for residential and business as well, hey I didnt know about 5 year warranty for Mitsubishi electric or MHI but usually they provided 3 years warranty?.

I'll stick with either Mitsubishi electric or MHI I haven't decided when to buy yet I'm still doing some more research!!! I don't like Hitachi or Sanyo !! heheh don't ask me why lol

It is possible to get those IFR remote or wired 7 day programmable controller for model those MSZ-GC25VA or SRK20ZGX-S ?

Is there any portable thermometer device to check what's room ambient temperature and outside temperature – this device will tell me what's optimum for room ambient temperature so that I'll have to adjust temperature manual from air condition?

Hi back2space,

Thanks for info – I looked up at Moneysavingexpert this morning I found his post very interesting what a long thread to read lol....

I'm surprise he installed himself at his house and I'm glad everything went well over there I wish I could do my self as far I know it's not difficult job but the problem it's expensive to buy right equipments to do the job!

Oh btw – above url isnt working so I think you want to show me this URL?

w w w. youtube .com /watch?v=79UAPRI6p-M

He's using couple of SRK20ZGX-S – 2.5Kw at 9,000BTU to cover all house that's impressive I bet!

He paid someone to intall it for him but he chose what he wanted and bought the equipment himself.

yes the video you put is the correct one not sure why the link didnt work though.

You can get a timer for the Mitsubishi range its a PAR-21MAA behaves just like a central heating timer you can set 8 patterns through the day eg 8-10 at 22C then 10-12 at 18C and so on.

You can do this over 7 days. It will also tell you the room temperature on the display and what you have set the temperature at. YOu will need an adapter for the unit though to fit these.

I have seen a few controllers going cheap on ebay... I bought two myself.

Item number 180348756686

The adapter you would need is...

MAC-397IF-E

Have you thought about the MSZ-FD25VA This is a HIGH COP model and is a deluxe indoor unit, has plasma filtration and I see sensor.

Look it up!

I know the controllers are compatible with that but I know you would lose the plasma filtration buttons and I see options as the wired controller doesnt have these as standard.

THe infra controllers have a basic 24 hour timer.

You also mention thermometers. You could buy a digital weatherstation clock that has an outdoor sensor that you can then see what the temps are like indoor or out.

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scienti.../dp/B00006J03Z
    Last edited by back2space; 01-05-2009 at 09:10 PM.

cheers for controllers - i'll look at it once i've bought the A/C

I really like that model: MSZ-FD25VA but i cannot find UK price anywhere online any idea how much it is?

cheers for controllers - i'll look at it once i've bought the A/C

I really like that model: MSZ-FD25VA but i cannot find UK price anywhere online any idea how much it is?
    Im buying it off the installer at cost price as he is doing it as a favour, but for the indoor and outdoor unit it is: £669. Thats £222 for the indoor and the outdoor is £447. That price is for the 3.5kw model which is what I am getting so not sure about the 2.5kw, prob not much diff.

If I remember rightly it was only about £100 less for the model you have put down.

You then have a deluxe model with the I-see sensor. I have decided I am going to stick with the infra red remote for this model otherwise I lose the extras so to speak.

The i-see sensor scans the room and measures floor temps as the unit is mounted at the top of the wall warm air rises so sometimes you can still be cold at the floor level. For a bedroom this is the best model.

Quote Originally Posted by back2space View Post
    Im buying it off the installer at cost price as he is doing it as a favour, but for the indoor and outdoor unit it is: £669. Thats £222 for the indoor and the outdoor is £447. That price is for the 3.5kw model which is what I am getting so not sure about the 2.5kw, prob not much diff.

If I remember rightly it was only about £100 less for the model you have put down.

You then have a deluxe model with the I-see sensor. I have decided I am going to stick with the infra red remote for this model otherwise I lose the extras so to speak.

The i-see sensor scans the room and measures floor temps as the unit is mounted at the top of the wall warm air rises so sometimes you can still be cold at the floor level. For a bedroom this is the best model.
    wow that's great prices for MSZ-FD35VA - how can i get in touch with the company for the Mitubishi Electric MSZ-FD25VA (indoor,outdoor and remote control) to get the best price?

Not sure really you will have to shop about and befriend somebody or something.

Luckily I am mates with him and im sorting him out some beers as well etc.

Thats ur best bet...

Yes its for complete system infra red remote control is standard with it anyway.

That's great for you!!...

I'm just wondering, how much should i expect from engineer to install air con for couple rooms!

Btw I'm from London, UK

Another thing - Only if i buy MSZ-FD25VA, do i need to get PAR-21MAA and MAC-397IF-E? or this model will workout for me?

Have you considered the Vaillant V11-025 or the V7-025 model. These have a 2 year parts warranty whereby if anything fails mechanically Vaillant will come and replace the part FOC.

Hi Prince Vaillant,

No i havent but I think I'll stick with Mitsubishi electric for now...however i have Vaillant boiler system! they are great!

I'm just wondering, how much should i expect from engineer to install air con for couple rooms!

Btw I'm from London, UK

Another thing - Only if i buy MSZ-FD25VA, do i need to get PAR-21MAA and MAC-397IF-E? or this model will workout for me?
    It would depend on what is involved regarding the installation...materials, labour, etc, etc....

PAR-21MAA and the adaptor MAC-3971F is entirely your decision. It would give you 24/7 time control. It also would be at an extra cost. Would you need it for a bedroom....That is for you to decide.

If you need some product leaflets or more information, private message me with your contact information and I'll do my best to help

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteWDJ View Post
    It would depend on what is involved regarding the installation...materials, labour, etc, etc....

PAR-21MAA and the adaptor MAC-3971F is entirely your decision. It would give you 24/7 time control. It also would be at an extra cost. Would you need it for a bedroom....That is for you to decide.

If you need some product leaflets or more information, private message me with your contact information and I'll do my best to help
    Hi AbsoluteWDJ,

hmmm I'm bit confuse as i thought above adaptor will provide automatic setting to check what's room ambient temperature and outside temperature – this device will tell air con to set-on what's optimum for room ambient temperature?

Since i'm new member of this forum - i'm unable to send new pm - i know how to use it anyway as i cant find "Send New Message" under Private Messages!!

i shall be greatful if you can please send me more information leaflets regarding the following system?

Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GC25VA (2.5kW / 9000Btu) Inverter Air Conditioning

Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-FD25VA (2.5Kw) Inverter Heat Pump

send it to fir3duck @ hotmail . com

cheers!

Hi AbsoluteWDJ,

hmmm I'm bit confuse as i thought above adaptor will provide automatic setting to check what's room ambient temperature and outside temperature – this device will tell air con to set-on what's optimum for room ambient temperature?

Since i'm new member of this forum - i'm unable to send new pm - i know how to use it anyway as i cant find "Send New Message" under Private Messages!!

i shall be greatful if you can please send me more information leaflets regarding the following system?

Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GC25VA (2.5kW / 9000Btu) Inverter Air Conditioning

Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-FD25VA (2.5Kw) Inverter Heat Pump

send it to fir3duck @ hotmail . com

cheers!
    Hi Fireduck

I've sent product leaflet, operation manual and PAR21 manual on an email.

The MSZ-FD25VA comes standard with an infra red controller but you can convert the system to a hard wired controller (PAR 21) using the adaptor MAC 3971F. The adaptor consist of a plug (into the indoor circuit board) and a terminal block for wiring two core cable from PAR 21. The reason you might do this is for more control over the system, If you read through the PAR 21 manual I've sent it'll explain this.

Regards

Btw I'm from London, UK

For all wall mounted units if you wish to use a wired remote controller instead of the infra red you will need the MAC adapter. This is to adapt the plug so that it will connect inside the indoor unit.

To install I am not too sure, I had a quote for 2 wall mounts and this was about £1500 this was 2 yrs ago, didnt get any more quotes though.

Spot on...

If your using the system yr round for heating and cooling and you dont have a central heating system the wired remote gives you the weekly timer function which is its only use.

The infra red gives you a 24hr timer option.

At £50 for the adapter and the controller £50 cost price you have to make that decision yourself if you would benefit from it.

The infra red remote controller has the auto changeover function its the unit not the controller that changes the operation mode from heat to cool you just set this mode on the controller.

The wired remote gives you a temperature read out of the return air temperature. (the temperature of the air going into the grille of the indoor unit)

Hi Fireduck

I've sent product leaflet, operation manual and PAR21 manual on an email.

The MSZ-FD25VA comes standard with an infra red controller but you can convert the system to a hard wired controller (PAR 21) using the adaptor MAC 3971F. The adaptor consist of a plug (into the indoor circuit board) and a terminal block for wiring two core cable from PAR 21. The reason you might do this is for more control over the system, If you read through the PAR 21 manual I've sent it'll explain this.

Regards
    Thanks for information

For all wall mounted units if you wish to use a wired remote controller instead of the infra red you will need the MAC adapter. This is to adapt the plug so that it will connect inside the indoor unit.

To install I am not too sure, I had a quote for 2 wall mounts and this was about £1500 this was 2 yrs ago, didnt get any more quotes though.
    Amazing - i've been quote three different guys

1st: £1800 - not sure model!

2nd: £2,250.00 + VAT for 2x MSZ-GC25VA + pipe + Installation

3rd: waiting for result!

I find that quite expensive! making huge profit from A/C + Labor cost as well....

Any1 from this forum who is reseller who sell Air con? can you get me the best price for MSZ-GC25VA or MSZ-FD25VA

oh yeah back2space got it for £669 for MSZ-FD35VA i wish i have that figure too

Thats at trade price and friends with the installer.

I work in the trade also and have put work his way etc which is why its a favour.

I've got my own business - selling ITC parts via e-commerce - so i'm wondering it is possible if i can open account with distribution company - so i can buy off in tradeprice?

I dunno what they base it on for trade accounts.

It would be a refrigeration company that you would be setting up a account with and the discount they would pass onto you would be based on how big an account it is.

For instance air con companies buying at trade price usually get a 10% discount on the prices that mitsi quote etc.

So not sure for one off install you would get much off.

Perhaps message stevehead on moneysaving expert and speak to him about his installation.

Find out where he bought his system from and if he can reccomend anyone to fit it for you once you bought it.

Worth a try aint it!

I dunno what they base it on for trade accounts.

It would be a refrigeration company that you would be setting up a account with and the discount they would pass onto you would be based on how big an account it is.

For instance air con companies buying at trade price usually get a 10% discount on the prices that mitsi quote etc.

So not sure for one off install you would get much off.

Perhaps message stevehead on moneysaving expert and speak to him about his installation.

Find out where he bought his system from and if he can reccomend anyone to fit it for you once you bought it.

Worth a try aint it!
    ok i'll ask stevehead - btw if it is possible if can you please provide distribution refrigeration company details i'll try contact them tommorrow!

i'm trying to save my money as far i as i can go...

cheers!

ok i'll ask stevehead - btw if it is possible if can you please provide distribution refrigeration company details i'll try contact them tommorrow!

i'm trying to save my money as far i as i can go...

cheers!
    I know of Dean & Wood, HRP Limited & Thermofrost Cryo you will have to get the number off of google as not sure which office will cover Kent.
    Last edited by back2space; 06-05-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks for information

Amazing - i've been quote three different guys

1st: £1800 - not sure model!

2nd: £2,250.00 + VAT for 2x MSZ-GC25VA + pipe + Installation

3rd: waiting for result!

I find that quite expensive! making huge profit from A/C + Labor cost as well....

Any1 from this forum who is reseller who sell Air con? can you get me the best price for MSZ-GC25VA or MSZ-FD25VA

This all depends on what they are supplying and what is involved in the Install! £1800....I doubt you will get what you want for this price! look at it like this....Even if you buy the equipment you want for yourself it'll be around £1800...Thats 2 x MSZ FD25VA's + PAR21 controls...You've then got to think of Installation costs, then electrical supply's...2nd quote doesn't sound too bad to me...Have they surveyed the site?

From the first post it appears he wants one unit for his bedroom yet one of the quotes was for 2 units?

can you clarify how many units you need and what you need two units for.

How long is the pipe run as if the units are just a simple back to back installation (indoor unit on the same wall as the outdoor unit and outdoor unit placed immediatly behind it)

This all depends on what they are supplying and what is involved in the Install! £1800....I doubt you will get what you want for this price! look at it like this....Even if you buy the equipment you want for yourself it'll be around £1800...Thats 2 x MSZ FD25VA's + PAR21 controls...You've then got to think of Installation costs, then electrical supply's...2nd quote doesn't sound too bad to me...Have they surveyed the site?
    from 2nd quote - that guy did checked my place - I thought engineer will be able to installation A/C + Electric job.... i hope they would do it!!!

£1800 (inc VAT?) for 2 x MSZ FD25VA's + PAR21 is cheaper then 2nd quote (2x MSZ-GC25VA + pipe)

as far i know that MSZ-FD25VA is much more powerful then MSZ-GC25VA - end of the day he's ripping me off lol since u provide cheaper price for couple of MSZ FD25VA!!

From the first post it appears he wants one unit for his bedroom yet one of the quotes was for 2 units?

can you clarify how many units you need and what you need two units for.

How long is the pipe run as if the units are just a simple back to back installation (indoor unit on the same wall as the outdoor unit and outdoor unit placed immediatly behind it)
    My requirment is:

I just need 2x air con units and 1x PAR21. I'm still not sure if it is worth to get PAR21 - anyway they are for bedrooms - 1 unit for my room and 1 unit is for parents.

my room is at the back of the house where you can see the garden - so i guess 1 unit should be simple back to back installation like u said "indoor unit on the same wall as the outdoor unit and outdoor unit placed immediatly behind it".

my parent room is at the front of the house where you can see the road - A bit tricky installation i think - air con must install at the top of the TV - and the pipes need to go stright outside and then stright up to the roof! (for pipes - properly under 3-5 meters would be fine!) at the roof - we have some space on the floor where you can put extrenal unit

need to put white trunking at the front of the house - i dont want people to know that we've got Air Con !!! - do i really need for the back of the house???

My installation was for a very basic installation, I dont have any trunking and all units are going back to back even at front. Trunking is white, the piping insulation is black, if its done neat the piping insulation stands out less I think. Trunking you can paint yes so upto you.

If you are having two units and having them both run off the PAR21 you will not have individual control, they will both turn on at same time and same temperatures.

For bedroom stick with the infra red remote controls save some money.

If you get deluxe inverter you will lose the air purifying function fitting the PAr21 controller.

My installation was for a very basic installation, I dont have any trunking and all units are going back to back even at front. Trunking is white, the piping insulation is black, if its done neat the piping insulation stands out less I think. Trunking you can paint yes so upto you.

If you are having two units and having them both run off the PAR21 you will not have individual control, they will both turn on at same time and same temperatures.

For bedroom stick with the infra red remote controls save some money.

If you get deluxe inverter you will lose the air purifying function fitting the PAr21 controller.
    I've emailed Stevehead!!

I also contact couple of UK distribution refrigeration company - now getting good deal btw!

Yep you are right about PAR21 controller is not worth for small room! but it's still cool gadgets isnt

Again i'm double mind what to get for Mitsubishi Electric - MSZ-FD25VA or MSZ-GC25VA - I still don't know which one is the best? as i feel this model MSZ-FD25VA is great for living room! where it can spread the cooling or heating to specific area or person but not ideal for bedroom?

The MSZ-FD25VA is great for the bedroom as well. Its the deluxe version, so for instalnce in a bedroom if one side of the room gets colder/hotter than the other side of the room it will sense that and direct airflow to the other side. THe other one doesnt have this feature so the other side of the room will start to feel more unconfortable.

The basic model only uses the return air sensor where the deluxe model uses the i-see sensor which measures floor and wall. When in heating mode hot air rises to ceiling so the basic model uses the return air sensor which is at ceiling so floor area may still be cold.

GO for the MSZ-FD25VA its worth the extra, and is more efficient as well as its the hyper inverter, your getting more for your money and it looks better.

You can always turn off the i-see sensor so it operates just on the return air sensor.

PLus the basic model doesnt have the air cleaner it only has basic filters.

The hyper inverter MSZ-FD25va has the plasma air filter which cleans and purifies the air.

Out of interest what prices have you paid now?

The MSZ-FD25VA is great for the bedroom as well. Its the deluxe version, so for instalnce in a bedroom if one side of the room gets colder/hotter than the other side of the room it will sense that and direct airflow to the other side. THe other one doesnt have this feature so the other side of the room will start to feel more unconfortable.

The basic model only uses the return air sensor where the deluxe model uses the i-see sensor which measures floor and wall. When in heating mode hot air rises to ceiling so the basic model uses the return air sensor which is at ceiling so floor area may still be cold.

GO for the MSZ-FD25VA its worth the extra, and is more efficient as well as its the hyper inverter, your getting more for your money and it looks better.

You can always turn off the i-see sensor so it operates just on the return air sensor.

PLus the basic model doesnt have the air cleaner it only has basic filters.

The hyper inverter MSZ-FD25va has the plasma air filter which cleans and purifies the air.

Out of interest what prices have you paid now?
    Hi,

No i havent bought it yet just spoken with them about MSZ-FD25VA - they dont have in stock atm, properly take about 2 weeks to get them back in stock - the best price i got it for £5 98 ex VAT

Your is £669 for MSZ-FD35VA - does that price including/excluding VAT?

Now i gotta to find good engineer it's gonna be hard to hunt lol! anybody from here who live in london?

btw stevehead didnt reply my PM at moneysavingexpert i'm still waiting for his reply

have you got ur system installed already - what's the name of company that you work in trade?

I work in Facilities Management looking after maintenance on clients property etc.

Not got the new systems installed yet, end of May im told by installer.

Stevehead doesnt go on too often any more I think perhaps maybe leave a comment on his youtube video saying you messaged him on mse.com with some questions about his systems etc.

The prices I got quoted is not including vat at 5% for domestic installation.

You will deffo find a good installer on here. User P_P may cover your area, message him on here.

You have got very good price so I would deffo go with that unit and nothing else! IS this down to the nature of your business and have you signed upto an account with them?

REgards
    Richard.
    Last edited by back2space; 09-05-2009 at 11:32 AM.

I work in Facilities Management looking after maintenance on clients property etc.

Not got the new systems installed yet, end of May im told by installer.

Stevehead doesnt go on too often any more I think perhaps maybe leave a comment on his youtube video saying you messaged him on mse.com with some questions about his systems etc.

The prices I got quoted is not including vat at 5% for domestic installation.

You will deffo find a good installer on here. User P_P may cover your area, message him on here.

You have got very good price so I would deffo go with that unit and nothing else! IS this down to the nature of your business and have you signed upto an account with them?

REgards
    Richard.
    Thanks for info regarding stevehead!

who is user P_P ?

Yes i think i got good price for single unit - i'll ask for more discount if order couple of them!! -

No i run my own business via e-commerce, selling computer hardware & software! i can open many account with any company within UK - that's biggest benefit for me just to save money via trade account

Hi,

No i havent bought it yet just spoken with them about MSZ-FD25VA - they dont have in stock atm, properly take about 2 weeks to get them back in stock - the best price i got it for £5 98 ex VAT

Your is £669 for MSZ-FD35VA - does that price including/excluding VAT?

Now i gotta to find good engineer it's gonna be hard to hunt lol! anybody from here who live in london?

btw stevehead didnt reply my PM at moneysavingexpert i'm still waiting for his reply

have you got ur system installed already - what's the name of company that you work in trade?

I tried emailing you....Did you recieve it? If not...PM me your contact details and I could arrange a survey to carry out your Installation....If you wish.

user p_p

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...ber.php?u=8040

He has given me some very good advice in the past which was much appreciated so can only pass his details on as hes taken time in the past to help me.

See theres another offer!

I tried emailing you....Did you recieve it? If not...PM me your contact details and I could arrange a survey to carry out your Installation....If you wish.
    Still cant send PM - btw i've sent u email

user p_p

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...ber.php?u=8040

He has given me some very good advice in the past which was much appreciated so can only pass his details on as hes taken time in the past to help me.
    Cheers i'll try contact P_P but i think he's from bit futher up Nottingham but i live in central london area!

What do i expect from engineer when they do their job? drill few holes, setup copper pipe? what about vacuum pump? is there anything else that i should be aware of? how can i tell if the engineer do a good job - eg: how can i make sure if the copper pipe is secured?

What kind of copper pipe should be use for air con - i'm still not sure if they bring low/medium or high quality copper pipe?

Engineer will do everything, drilling holes, hanging the units, running pipe work and securing pipework along wall, fitting insulation to pipes, vacuum the system and then charge with refrigerant. YOu will be able to tell if he has done a good job as it will look pleasing to the eye.

Cant advise you oin the copper pipe as you just assume that the pipe is fit for the job, they wont be using plumbing copper pipe for example.

Cheers i'll try contact P_P but i think he's from bit futher up Nottingham but i live in central london area!

What do i expect from engineer when they do their job? drill few holes, setup copper pipe? what about vacuum pump? is there anything else that i should be aware of? how can i tell if the engineer do a good job - eg: how can i make sure if the copper pipe is secured?

What kind of copper pipe should be use for air con - i'm still not sure if they bring low/medium or high quality copper pipe?
    An Installation engineer/team would:

1. Fix/hang indoor units.
    2. Mount outdoor unit either on wall bracket or mounted direct to floor/roof.
    3. Install using appropiate fixings, insulated interconnecting pipe. This would include drilling holes for piping route.
    4. Run an interconnecting cable with isolation point near indoor unit the latter being at customers discretion.
    5. Decide on how to drain condensate water from the indoor unit...i.e. gravity drain or pump, depends what suits....Try to avoid pumps!
    6. Any new installation (in a domestic dwelling) of electrical works would have to be part p certified.
    7. Once system is installed....Strength/pressure test interconnecting pipe/indoor unit.
    8. Once passed (7). Vacuum interconnecting pipe/indoor unit to an acceptable torr/micron/mbar.
    9. Charge additional refrigerant if required then open service valves and test run system recording relevant information on a commissioning report.

Hope this helps. If I were you I would try to avoid white trunking at the front of your house! The copper pipe, if purchased from an a/c distributors, would be of good quality. It'll either come in a coil or 3 meter length. The ends of the copper pipe would be capped as well.
    Last edited by AbsoluteWDJ; 11-05-2009 at 12:11 PM.

An Installation engineer/team would:

1. Fix/hang indoor units.
    2. Mount outdoor unit either on wall bracket or mounted direct to floor/roof.
    3. Install using appropiate fixings, insulated interconnecting pipe. This would include drilling holes for piping route.
    4. Run an interconnecting cable with isolation point near indoor unit the latter being at customers discretion.
    5. Decide on how to drain condensate water from the indoor unit...i.e. gravity drain or pump, depends what suits....Try to avoid pumps!
    6. Any new installation (in a domestic dwelling) of electrical works would have to be part p certified.
    7. Once system is installed....Strength/pressure test interconnecting pipe/indoor unit.
    8. Once passed (7). Vacuum interconnecting pipe/indoor unit to an acceptable torr/micron/mbar.
    9. Charge additional refrigerant if required then open service valves and test run system recording relevant information on a commissioning report.

Hope this helps. If I were you I would try to avoid white trunking at the front of your house! The copper pipe, if purchased from an a/c distributors, would be of good quality. It'll either come in a coil or 3 meter length. The ends of the copper pipe would be capped as well.
    Wow, very useful information - now I'm wondering why would i try to avoid white trunking at the front of the house?

above (5) I thought the water will leak out from the external unit but how come indoor unit? my god i hope indoor unit wont leak water inside of the room? will it?

THe external unit in heating mode becomes the cooling unit, the inside unit becomes the outdoor unit. So water condenses from the air on the outdoor unit.

In summer its the indoor unit that is the cold unit and acts as below:

if you imagine a glass of ice cold water, water condenses on the glass and runs down. The indoor unit on cooling behaves the same whilst the heat is blown outside, in winter its the opposite way round.

Wow, very useful information - now I'm wondering why would i try to avoid white trunking at the front of the house?

above (5) I thought the water will leak out from the external unit but how come indoor unit? my god i hope indoor unit wont leak water inside of the room? will it?
    Trust me....If you don't want anyone to know you have a/c....Avoid putting white plastic trunking on the exterior of your house, especially at the front!

Why wouldnt you want any1 to know you have ac?

Do people steal the condenser units?

THe external unit in heating mode becomes the cooling unit, the inside unit becomes the outdoor unit. So water condenses from the air on the outdoor unit.

In summer its the indoor unit that is the cold unit and acts as below:

if you imagine a glass of ice cold water, water condenses on the glass and runs down. The indoor unit on cooling behaves the same whilst the heat is blown outside, in winter its the opposite way round.
    I didnt know that, but again how can you make sure the water wont leak indoor?

Trust me....If you don't want anyone to know you have a/c....Avoid putting white plastic trunking on the exterior of your house, especially at the front!
    Why wouldnt you want any1 to know you have ac?

Do people steal the condenser units?
    I think my dad would like to add a trunking at the front to keep it neat & tidy - people will think it's just water pipe!!!

None of our neighbours have air con/pipe/trunking at the front!!!

use a gutter pipe to hide the pipes, just looks like an extra rain drain.

if the unit is properly drained internally it will not leak, make sure you have it maintained, dirt is the single biggest factor in drain blockages.

al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast