Thread: Silly people

Silly people

Maybe its just me but:

Whenever i come on here and read post's from people talking of engineers not purging air from gauges and not conducting proper pressure tests it does get my goat!!

Sound like an old man!

When i did my safe handling a few years ago, this one old boy sitting across from me asked me how pressure and temperature were related.....very basic?

For the whole day he was banging on about all his different jobs!!!

Another chap told me he had never done any A/C R work and was a carpet cleaner, his friend was a qualified A/C guy starting on his own and wanted him to be the service tech for him and would provide all tools.

Several others went into the training room to recover and charge some vapour and literally took 30-40 minutes....i just dont get it.

They both passed and got the ticket........annoys me how these guys get away with it from day to day.

Rant Over.......

Re: Silly people

takes the pi$$ if you ask me,i was talking to someone the other day and get on the lines of him charging his ac in the car,he tops it up himself every year and has be for the last few years,i told him it needs a pressure test and asked how he got refrigerant and how he charges the refrigerant,he said he bought loads from halfrauds and got a gauge and line made up,the really got me

Re: Silly people

I do agree with you on this as the old safe handling was varied immensly depending on where it was done at. I my self have sat it a four different places and they were all totaly different in the way it was delivered and assessed. It should be a different story with the f Gas courses hope----fully