Thread: Career Advice

lynneandcrow Guest

Career Advice

Hi there I am looking for some help from the forum. This is my first post so HI .
    I am currently employed by a large slush and ice cream company here in the UK. I repair and service said machines and now I wish to attain certification for my experiance and possibly move on up the ladder to something better. My question is which course from my background would suit me. The course has to be an online course. I was looking at a BTEC Electrical Principles with Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning course on ICS Learn . Is this course well recognised and would this be an entry as a Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning engineer?? Or is there a better course please help..

Regards Crow

Re: Career Advice

Quote Originally Posted by lynneandcrow View Post
    Hi there I am looking for some help from the forum. This is my first post so HI .
    I am currently employed by a large slush and ice cream company here in the UK. I repair and service said machines and now I wish to attain certification for my experiance and possibly move on up the ladder to something better. My question is which course from my background would suit me. The course has to be an online course. I was looking at a BTEC Electrical Principles with Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning course on ICS Learn . Is this course well recognised and would this be an entry as a Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning engineer?? Or is there a better course please help..

Regards Crow
    Hi Crow.

You a the second in a few weeks to ask a similar question regarding ICS. After googling the course there are other providers offering the same course for around the £500 to £700 price range so it is a relativly cheap course in comparison to other course and that may make it apealing. I had not heard of them so looked at their site. The course they offer is not recognised by industry as far as I am aware, It is a BTEC course which is a recognised provider. They are offering a level 3 in 300 hours for Refrigeration, electrical and heating and ventilation. A C&G level two in small comercial refrigeration - air cond takes approx 450 hours so the level of detail you will get, I don't know. There are other providers out there who do distance learning to City & Guilds standards and they are easily available.
    Do a seach for City & Guilds 6127 and you will not go far wrong.