Thread: recovering gas

recovering gas

Hi All
    Can any one tell me what if any thing is wrong with this as a recovery procedure
    Connect high side hose to liquid line and yellow to to recovery bottle (yellow with black band) on which a vac was pulled open valves as required and let the liquid empty into the bottle then use recovery machine for the remaining vapour I have been told I will not get an accurate pressure reading at this stage and it may be at a higher pressure than the bottle will safely handle , although I thought that this was not important as I always use the bottle is on a scale for quantity check. I think Iam being told a whole heap of fertilizer, also this is not large scale equipment as mostly I am invoved in catering and retail applications at 2 to 3 kilo of refrigerant. also why do I need an bottle with a liquid float sensor to alert an 80% fill

Thanks Dev

Blog Entries

Re: recovering gas

Quote Originally Posted by devlin maguire View Post
    Hi All
    Can any one tell me what if any thing is wrong with this as a recovery procedure
    Connect high side hose to liquid line and yellow to to recovery bottle (yellow with black band) on which a vac was pulled open valves as required and let the liquid empty into the bottle then use recovery machine for the remaining vapour
    OK
    I have been told I will not get an accurate pressure reading at this stage and it may be at a higher pressure than the bottle will safely handle , although I thought that this was not important as I always use the bottle is on a scale for quantity check.
    Recovery machine has high pressure and low pressure gauge and if they are correct you will be reading correct pressure both in recovered equipment and in tank.
    If you are weighing in tank, you are safe.

I think Iam being told a whole heap of fertilizer
    Yep.
    also why do I need an bottle with a liquid float sensor to alert an 80% fill
    You don't need that if you are weighing refrigerant.
    Maybe you are victim of some good seller.

Re: recovering gas

Yo Devlin,
    the colors of the lines dos not mather,if the are red or bleu or purple.the refrig wil pas.as long as you are using lines that are fabricated to do this cind of job.for the recup bottle i use a bottle whit the return valve removed,but use the bottle only for the same refrig.don't mix,or it become useless.recover over a filter-dryer and its possible to reuse some part of it.for R407c and R410A its difficult because of the original mixture.
    if you don't force the bottle whit hot or cold,the recovery machine will stop on high pressure,so dont worry. if you want to play safe,look on the bottle for the amount that it can hold(safely).
    beware of salesman,the have a nose for people whit money.

ps;if you use a new bottle,be sure to vacuming it first,or the air inside will mess up the recovered refrig.;-)
    ice
    Last edited by icecube51; 26-04-2009 at 07:39 PM. Reason: extra tip