Thread: Marketing help

simonsen Guest

Marketing help

Hi there,
    I need some help to a marketing research I am conducting at the UK-market. I am a student from Denmark investegating, the possibility to maintain basestations (mobile masts) with climacontrol.

Is it possible for a refrigeration engineer to take car of this mainetance. I know Ericsson is sitting on a lot of this maintenance, but are they using refrigeration engineers as suppliers

How many skilled refrigeration engineers are there at the UK market.

Thanks in advance

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Marketing help

What a strange question.

Are you researching the supply of labour or the aspect of maintenance or the supply of products.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Yes I agree

The post makes no sense what so ever. In order to gain any meaningful response a lot more detail is required to ascertain exactly what information the poster is seeking.
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

I decipher it thus:

I am a student from Denmark investegating, the possibility to maintain basestations (mobile masts) with climacontrol.
    Basestations for telephone-communications have air conditioning systems to maintain the correct temps for the electronics. These of course require maintenance, so its not a possibility, but a fact.

Is it possible for a refrigeration engineer to take car of this mainetance. I know Ericsson is sitting on a lot of this maintenance, but are they using refrigeration engineers as suppliers
    Yes. fridge and AC engineers normally undertake and are skilled in this area of operation.

How many skilled refrigeration engineers are there at the UK market.
    Here lies the million pound or euro question, how many qualified people are there out there qualified and skilled to do this.

I would say many hundreds if not thousands, add in some cowboys and some wannabe plumbers or sparkies who think they can make a go of it....

Hope that answers your question and I will be dissapointed if you do not get graded an "A" in your research assignment!!!

Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.