hvaceee Guest

ask for help in recycling R22

For pump out refrigerant(R22). Normally we should recycle to yellow tank, but it’s not convenient. I saw lots of empty 100 lbs R22 (blue) tank in compressor room. My question is May I use these tanks to recycle and later on recharge back to system

Thanks in advance!

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: ask for help in recycling R22

You should be able to but you need to know if the tanks are clean and within 'test date'.

Obviously do not overfill them and make sure that they are labeled correctly.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by hvaceee View Post
    For pump out refrigerant(R22). Normally we should recycle to yellow tank, but it’s not convenient. I saw lots of empty 100 lbs R22 (blue) tank in compressor room. My question is May I use these tanks to recycle and later on recharge back to system

Thanks in advance!

The cylinders (tanks) are the same its just the paint
    colour that is different. Just make sure they are empty and then vac them so you know what
    is inside. Only put 70% of total capacity in them for safety reasons and put a great big lable
    on them explaining what is in them, how much and when it went in (just incase you
    don't get chance to put it back into the system).

taz.

hvaceee Guest

Great, Thanks very much.
    in fact I need to do a leak test. the system already cost me one whole day to try find the leak with my D-teck but no lucky yet. it leaks around 30 lbs in one week. the system is used in supermarket and the piping is very long and pass through whole building ceiling. to make it worse condensing uints mixed with other small racks and I can't stop the condensing fan(other system will trip) and outside is quite windy normally. in door we have 6 leak sensors but no alarm so far. I want to seperate the high, low side to make sure which part is leaking. thanks for all help