Exclamation Is this normal with a CR 700 recovery unit?

Hi everyone, i found something odd with my new CR 700 recovery unit, i make around 4-5 services (recovering gas) and everyting was ok, I loved the quickly recovery, but latley the unit start as usual, no hammering noises, or extrange vibration, the pressure dropes from around 110-120PSI to a 50-55PSI in 5-6 minutes, but from here start to be slowley and it takes from 15 to 23 min to complete the task.

The times and the pressures are from identical units, ta
    First i taugh that maybe the inline screen was clogged and i chek it, but was ok.

I look for bad operation machine, and i went to yellow yacket training videos to see the properly use, and all the important steps are doing properly.

We are using gas recovery only, on ***** 22 fan coils, the units have services valvules on both ports, high and low pressure, and havent pivot valves (schraeder?)

So Im going to this great internet forum to see if anyone of you have a clue, if this normal?, its non-condensables in the interior of recovery unit? Or something else?

Tanks to anyone to take the time to read and advice me on this particular issue. (And for interpreting my english, wich is no my natal language)

-----Any help are appreciated------

Re: Is this normal with a CR 700 recovery unit?

There is a possibility you have damaged the valves with liquid slugging

Blog Entries

Hi everyone, i found something odd with my new CR 700 recovery unit, i make around 4-5 services (recovering gas) and everyting was ok, I loved the quickly recovery, but latley the unit start as usual, no hammering noises, or extrange vibration, the pressure dropes from around 110-120PSI to a 50-55PSI in 5-6 minutes, but from here start to be slowley and it takes from 15 to 23 min to complete the task.
    Did you have hamering noises in previous recoveries?
    You said that you loved quick recovery. That sound to me like liquid recovery.
    7. The CR700 is designed to directly recover large amounts of liquid refrigerant. If during liquid recovery the
    compressor begins to make a slugging or hammering noise, meter the incoming liquid by closing the
    suction valve until the noise subsides.
    You probably broke valves in compressor by failing to act as described in quoted text from user manual:
    http://www.cpsproducts.com/site/elem...0%20manual.pdf
    Last edited by nike123; 28-03-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Ohhh thank for so fast replys, well maybe we do one or two services with some liquid refrigerant, but we have the previos mentioned precaution of closing the valve until the hammering noise minimizes.

There is a chance however, for be damaged the valves in the compresor.

Its possible check the valves in my own? workshop, for see if they are damaged... were are this valves?, on the piston head, or in a pipe line?

Any one uses a CR700?

Thanks againg for the help.

Try recovery and recycle at the same time, so you can reuse the refrigerant afterwards, as it is not a residue, since is recyled from oils and other substances.

perhaps you should try the push pull method < no not the new sex position <IF YOU CAN GET LIQUID OUT OF A VALVE LOWDOWN ON THE UNIT you would suck vapour off the top of the gas bottle pump it into the condencing unitthis pressure would then push the liquid into the same bottle < if its got 2 valves onit < as soon as there is no more liquid going into the bottle< scales < you can just reclaim the vapour , job done, perhaps you could pump down the unit first? have fun

Thanks to all you for the reply, I used the unit about 3 more services and get creazy... So I present a complain and the dealer, "Trane de Mexico" kindly said to me thath i have garantee, so Im gone to recive a knew machine. I just hope this dont damage without razon. Keep up the good job. !!!!