Frz/Chiller Coldroom

Anybody got any ideas?

Have a customer with a walk in freezer, who wants to partition a small section of the room to keep at chilled temperatures.
    Rather than going to the expense of a installed system, i wondered about installing a thermostat controlled fan into the partition wall to draw some of the air from the freezer to the chiller.
    I was thinking about a little axial fan motor, but thought there may be a problem with ice formation around blades?

Has anybody seen a fan motor( gotta be small.No more than about 6" sq) that has some form of heater around the frame to prevent ice formation and that ideally has louvre control?

Cheers

Re: Frz/Chiller Coldroom

Quote Originally Posted by WCC73 View Post
    Anybody got any ideas?

Have a customer with a walk in freezer, who wants to partition a small section of the room to keep at chilled temperatures.
    Rather than going to the expense of a installed system, i wondered about installing a thermostat controlled fan into the partition wall to draw some of the air from the freezer to the chiller.
    I was thinking about a little axial fan motor, but thought there may be a problem with ice formation around blades?

Has anybody seen a fan motor( gotta be small.No more than about 6" sq) that has some form of heater around the frame to prevent ice formation and that ideally has louvre control?

Cheers
    had this done once by a coldroom supplier.unfortunately unless the partition is sealed into walls and floor you will get a lot of ice forming all round the joints,so be carefull.had to cut into the walls and floor about 4 inch to sink the panels in

i agree with door master sealing it is very important!! it's also a cheap and nasty way of doing it but i have done it once before this way.. you need 2 fans one sucking one blowing 2 pieces of strip curtain .. fans controlled by stat and strong enough to lift curtain when running this will give you temp... there is a self regulating heater tape 25 watts /mtr that you can wrap round fan.... this works but you are doing yourself out of a sale..

I know.Some times i'm too honest for my own good!

( Thats what pi*ses me off about the customer under my thread"Bad Debts".
    You try to give people a good deal and you get it thrown back at you.Oh well here's to Karma)