Thread: Testo 560

Testo 560

After a lot of thought i decided to go into the 21st cetury and went out and got a testo 650, just the manifold and probes.

What a peice of kit !!! no gueswork ... only niggle is the vac gauge can be a bit tempremental on microns but other than that i am impressed, just got to see how it fairs over time with the knocks n spills of everyday working.

now if it only it made a cuppa i would be over the moon

Re: Testo 560

Good quality kit is testo stuff the biggest moan I have as many people do is the cost

very true, not the cheapest manifold in the digi world but well recommended and i researched it before despatching the ££££££'s lol

I also took the plunge with the 560 kit and service case ( HUGE ) plus the wireless module and two wireless K type handles. Have not had much chance to use it all yet but so far so good. When using the micron gauge the manifold has to be upright and not moved. When I get the chance, and when I find out how I'll post some pics. Did you get the Easycool software Raz

Quote Originally Posted by ptsac View Post
    I also took the plunge with the 560 kit and service case ( HUGE ) plus the wireless module and two wireless K type handles. Have not had much chance to use it all yet but so far so good. When using the micron gauge the manifold has to be upright and not moved. When I get the chance, and when I find out how I'll post some pics. Did you get the Easycool software Raz
    Thanks for that tip about the micron and being upright ptsac

yes got the easycool software, just using it on my lappy to input stock refrigerants at the min, the customer database is also very usefull , the amount of information the gauge gives takes all the working out fun out of the job

Ill slowly build up all the assesories over time as the manifold alone was a big investment.

I agree. Such a piece of technology. I can't live without it anymore.

If you're hesitant to spend the cash for the 560 but still want to go digital the 523 or the 556 are both very good alternatives depending on your primary applications.

The 556 offers all of the same features as the 560 with the exception of micron indication (which IMO is questionable on the manifold to begin with), and still offers all of the wireless apps. that are available with the 560. One good thing to keep in mind about either the 556 or the 560 is the fact that they are both modular in design - you can invest in the base unit and add peripherals as need and cash allows.

The 523 is not wireless capable, but is an excellent digital manifold gauge that offers infrared communication to a thermal printer - which can also be purchased either together or individually depending upon your circumstances. One of the really good things that I like about Testo's IR technology is that you only need a signle printer. If you use any other Testo instrument like for example the 330-1 Combustion Analyzer, that's capable of communicating via their IR protocol they will both work with the same printer.
    Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner.

I have invested in the wireless module and a couple of probes, Indeed the micron gauge i agree doesnt seem so good as my cps gauge although i have used it a few times now and it is so easy working out charging with the superheat and subcooling when equipment has had its plate worn away lol

523 is also single temperature channel, while the 556 and 560 are dual channel.

Ive got a set of refco digimon gauges and they are good, however they didnt come with any instructions and are set at Bar readings, anyone know how to change them to PSI as i know its on there as it lights up when you switch it on but tried pushing all the buttons but cant change it. Also the vac facilaty seems to work opposite starts low and the more vac the higher the micron reading is ??? luckely i have a CPS micron gauge on my vac pump so use this for readings

Regards

Latte

hold down enter then push the refrigerant + button,also can change vac readings by holding enter and pushing vac,does some more things put hold enter and try them all

Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Ive got a set of refco digimon gauges and they are good, however they didnt come with any instructions and are set at Bar readings, anyone know how to change them to PSI as i know its on there as it lights up when you switch it on but tried pushing all the buttons but cant change it. Also the vac facilaty seems to work opposite starts low and the more vac the higher the micron reading is ??? luckely i have a CPS micron gauge on my vac pump so use this for readings

Regards

Latte
    Follow the link that is below, and all will be revealed!
    Grizzly

http://www.mediafire.com/?lhwmnr3yxoi