Stuffy Guest

Fixing Daikin A3 Error

Hi, I am having a problem with the Daikin AC unit installed in our office and would appreciate greatly help/advice. Please do let me know if I am posting in the wrong forum.

We have a Daikin aircon in our rented office. We have no idea where to locate the exact model for the indoor unit. But I think it's a Split System Ducted Air Conditioner based on diagrams of a Daikin operations manual from the web. We have a BRC1A62 control panel.

The landlord gets this guy to perform routine maintenance on the aircon every three months. Doesn't look like he's from Daikin and seems to be just washing the filters.

Last maintenance was done on a Saturday. When we returned on Monday, we noticed the aircon wasn't cold anymore. The control panel started blinking and we had an A3 error.

The maintenance fellow came back to check and couldn't solve the problem. He claims it's a normal failure not related to his maintenance and we should call Daikin to fix the problem.

As he has since started avoiding our calls and the landlord's for clarification on this fault, we are inclined to believe that he might have broken something during the unsupervised maintenance.

So I would like to know if anybody could tell me what exactly is this drain level system malfunction? Is it possible for it to be damaged during routine maintenance?

The strange thing is, every few hours or so, the aircon will work normally again for a while before the error recurs. Given this, is it possible that we could rectify this problem ourselves?

Re: Fixing Daikin A3 Error

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffy View Post
    Hi, I am having a problem with the Daikin AC unit installed in our office and would appreciate greatly help/advice. Please do let me know if I am posting in the wrong forum.

We have a Daikin aircon in our rented office. We have no idea where to locate the exact model for the indoor unit. But I think it's a Split System Ducted Air Conditioner based on diagrams of a Daikin operations manual from the web. We have a BRC1A62 control panel.

The landlord gets this guy to perform routine maintenance on the aircon every three months. Doesn't look like he's from Daikin and seems to be just washing the filters.

Last maintenance was done on a Saturday. When we returned on Monday, we noticed the aircon wasn't cold anymore. The control panel started blinking and we had an A3 error.

The maintenance fellow came back to check and couldn't solve the problem. He claims it's a normal failure not related to his maintenance and we should call Daikin to fix the problem.

As he has since started avoiding our calls and the landlord's for clarification on this fault, we are inclined to believe that he might have broken something during the unsupervised maintenance.

So I would like to know if anybody could tell me what exactly is this drain level system malfunction? Is it possible for it to be damaged during routine maintenance?

The strange thing is, every few hours or so, the aircon will work normally again for a while before the error recurs. Given this, is it possible that we could rectify this problem ourselves?

Hi There, an A3 error code is Malfunctioning Drain Water Level Sysytem.

This could mean a number of causes.

The lift pump has malfunctioned
    Improper drain piping work
    A blogged drain
    Malfuntioning float switch
    Faulty indoor circuit board
    The connection on X15 short circuit.

Can you access the condensate drain to see if this is on a downward gradient.

These systems have a lift pump that can only lift the water to a certain level outside the unit approx ( 500mm up and only 300mm out ) so if this has exceeded this then maybe the water is back tracking.

I donīt think the maintenance chap could have damaged the system by just cleaning the filters.

Either way you need to call a Daikin service engineer or the Landlord needs to call an expert in, this is not a job for someone who just cleans filters.

Stuffy Guest

Thanks for the information

remove the black rubber bung from inside the filter area, this will drain out all condensate (bucket required), system should then work, although probably needs a proper internal service, if you get my drift!