hi all,
just wanna ask some opinions if poss, as some of you may know im new to commercial, i changed a small condensor unit today, it was a heatcraft kirby ba9 unit, i changed the dryer as well and was advised by our supplier to remove liquid reciever as it is a capillary system, i tripple evaced system and charged r22 (original used) i started up and system was slightly short soi added some more, i finished up with suct 47psi, -5°c sst, and 9°c on suct line exit cabinet (cabinet was not down to temp was at 12°c) that was 14k super heat, liq line worried me though it was up 380psi, 67°c sct, but the liquidline temp was perfect at 34°c, the system is approx 5 ft wide and has a coil built in storage area floor, it also has a static coil at top which is a horizontal 3 turn evap, no s/air or r/air readings avail but unit took 15 mins (once pressures wer ok) to cool from 27°c to 15°c and dropped fast, air on cond was 29°c air off was 39°c, after a while longer i began to get some flood back so i recoverd a small amount taking frost bak to around 25 cms from evap exit, my new suct pressure was 41 psi, -8°c sst, and still about 9°c on suct line, liquid line was still high at 335 psi, 60°c sct, and still about 34°c on liquid line, is it normal for a capillary controlled unit to have a higher liquid line pressure?? sorry for beating around the bush and sorry if i just confused yas with my dribble but any q's or input will be appreciated take it easy guys. oh, by the time i left it was 6°c and no more flood backs im confident its working ok but just not sure if liquid line pressure too high