ChrisK Guest

Reasonable cost for Trane Heat pump

I live in Washington State and would like to know if anyone has an idea of what a reasonable price would be for a replacement of my heating and cooling system. Our house is a 2 story with roughly 2,500 sf. I am considering a new Trane system 3.5 tons XL15i HP, replacing the auxiliary heat system in the garage and new thermostat.

Beyond that I believe the installation should be pretty straight forward. At this point I'm just trying to understand if I am looking at $6K-$9K, $13K-$15K or something in between. Any reasonable guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Reasonable cost for Trane Heat pump

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    I live in Washington State and would like to know if anyone has an idea of what a reasonable price would be for a replacement of my heating and cooling system. Our house is a 2 story with roughly 2,500 sf. I am considering a new Trane system 3.5 tons XL15i HP, replacing the auxiliary heat system in the garage and new thermostat.

Beyond that I believe the installation should be pretty straight forward. At this point I'm just trying to understand if I am looking at $6K-$9K, $13K-$15K or something in between. Any reasonable guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Chris, Have you had a look at the Japanese technology ie invertors the cost might be higher but in the long run it will make savings, maybe trane have them by now.

Norm
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

ChrisK Guest

Norm,

I appreciate your advise, but with my past experience with the Trane systems, I would prefer to stay with them. I've now got an estimate in hand at roughly $10K for a new unit in the garage (air handler & coils), 3.5 ton XL15i outdoor heat pump and new thermostat. Does $10K sound about right?? Thank you for your time.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Norm,

I appreciate your advise, but with my past experience with the Trane systems, I would prefer to stay with them. I've now got an estimate in hand at roughly $10K for a new unit in the garage (air handler & coils), 3.5 ton XL15i outdoor heat pump and new thermostat. Does $10K sound about right?? Thank you for your time.

Chris
    Hi Chris I am not based in USA so can`t comment on price there are a few USA guys on here they might be able to help. If not goto hvac-talk.com

Norm
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said