looking to break into the industry

hi there , I have just completed my 6127 city and guilds and I am looking to get a placement to get some experience in the industry so I can complete my nvq level 2 and become fully qualified , I have been going out to alot of companies and handing out my cv but no luck so far , I am willing to work on a voluntary basis in any position to break into the industry , I am 33 at the moment but I have alot of construction experience and just need a chance to show what I can do

Re: looking to break into the industry

Quote Originally Posted by andy32 View Post
    hi there , I have just completed my 6127 city and guilds and I am looking to get a placement to get some experience in the industry so I can complete my nvq level 2 and become fully qualified , I have been going out to alot of companies and handing out my cv but no luck so far , I am willing to work on a voluntary basis in any position to break into the industry , I am 33 at the moment but I have alot of construction experience and just need a chance to show what I can do
    Hi Andy, Its common in the USA and Canada to have adult apprenticeships not sure about UK, but if i were you look at www.integral.co.uk

regards Norm
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

cheers mate will get onto them

I am studying the city&guilds 6127 at the Manchester College but is coming to end soon around May time, which means for me to go back in September to the NVQ level 2/3 I need to be employed or they won’t let me enrol!

Therefore I would like to work for an experienced engineer or a company absolutely FREE. I have passed the Refrigerant Handling 2078 in mid March 2009 just not received the certificate yet (they said wait a few weeks).

I really want the practical experience, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration is all I want to do and if anyone out there has any sort of work install, repair or maintenance I am available and willing to work from Mon-Sun.

I am from Preston and will work anywhere in the country, 1 day 1weekend 1 week201 month experience all for FREE, anything will be very much appreciated!

I just want experience to put in my portfolio and increase my knowledge to make me more employable so i can be employed sooner than later and be able to do my NVQ in Sept 2009!

City & Guilds 6127 nearly complete
    Refrigerant Handling Certificate 2078 complete
    Full UK licence with transport

Please Call me
    Nadeem Mansoor
    Last edited by chillin out; 04-04-2009 at 09:43 PM.