mits MS-18NV faults [nevermind - I think I know the problem]

I have a mitsubishi MS-18NV split that had a completely dead indoor unit.

I replaced the PCB and everything fires up, both indicator LEDs are on straight away, the fan works.
    Basically everying seems OK unit the compressor starts.
    The compressor starts and runs for ~ 5sec, runs normal, 6A current draw.
    After that the outdoor and indoor units cut out, the LHS LED under the word "operation" constantly flashes every second, the RHS LED under the word "indicator" goes off.
    The louvre vane stays open, but the fan switches off.

If you press the man/auto button, the fan starts up again, but the LHS lED keeps flashing and the compressor doesn't try to start again.
    Press the man/auto button again and the LED goes off and the louvre vane shuts as per normal.

Any ideas as a constant flash fault code isn't written on the unit?
    Only shows fault for 2 or 3 flash not constant.

Edit: This is a MS-18NV, has no comms or outdoor PCB like the MSH-18NV does. The indoor powers to compressor outside, no reversing valve so no deice PCB or serial line.
    That may be my problem, the wrong PCB. I asked for a MS-18NV PCB, the guy gave me the part number for a MSH and at the time I didn't know the difference so I though I had made a stuff up when writing down the model number and trusted them.

Has anyone got service manuals for the older r22 wall splits, (that also tell the different part numbers between the A1 and A2 versions for the australian models).
    I have to order these parts blind over the phone, and they never understand me right or give me the right part numbers. Every single time I order something, they get it wrong.
    Last mits parts I order was for the outdoor PCB and the actual indoor louvre/vane, and they sent me the louvre/vane motor and the indoor PCB.
    They keep costing me money and time by not understanding what I actually want.
    Last edited by paul_h; 05-03-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Re: mits MS-18NV faults

as posted in the thread i started about the MSH, this is the service manual. Maby you can cross check the part numbers and see if they gave you the MSH one?

http://es.mehvac.com/UploadedFiles/R...0059123856.PDF

edit:
    I did get the MSH version, it's on the invoice.
    I asked for the part number for the MS-18NV, they gave me the part number for a MSH-18NV, and like I said, at the time I just assumed they were right because I didn't know the difference myself.
    edit: Thanks for the tip anyway.
    I have the service manual for the MSH but not the MS. But it's not that much good to me anyway as it's the euro version and it doesn't have the different part numbers for the versions we have here. We have an "A1" and "A2" code ob the units, they're different part numbers and won't work if you get the wrong one. The manuals I've found don't list the different A1 or A2 part codes and the euro manuals normally have the same part number for their E1 or E2, so our A2 must be different.

Late edit:
    I changed the title of the thread to "mits MS-18NV faults [nevermind - I think I know the problem]", but it hasn't seemed to change the title of the thread in the listing, just of the first post, oh well.

But anyway, nevermind - I know the problem
    Last edited by paul_h; 05-03-2009 at 11:10 AM.

sounds really confusing good luck

Yeah, when you're self employed trying to do everything yourself, you'll realise actually doing the job is sometimes the easiest part. Well not easiest, but you have more control in how things turn out, you don't have stuff around so much when you know what you're doing and normally there's no one hassling you.

Ordering parts and waiting for the right ones to show up eventually and hopefully or dealing with timewasters on the phone is the most annoying part of refrigeration sometimes.

But there's plenty of people here on RE in remote areas, or areas where the manufacturers have no agents, or where they don't have local knowledge etc, that know all to well how bad getting parts sometimes is and have it way worse than me though .
    Last edited by paul_h; 05-03-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Paul, don't know if this manual is the one you want, or need, but anyway..

http://es.mehvac.com/UploadedFiles/R...0059122819.PDF

3.3MB Dated Sep 1997, No, OB206
    Details MS-18NV E1
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Thanks Brian