Thread: LG Artcool

LG Artcool

Serviced a LG Artcool inverter split system recently. It had a strange (rushing of gas) noise upon startup. System is cooling and heating fine, compressor amps etc are fine. This noise happened on startup and then when i switched from heating to cooling. Has anyone else experienced this before? Not a sound i've heard before! It lasts about 10 seconds when inverter compressor starts, after this it operates as you would expect.

Re: LG Artcool

I wouldn`t worry about it, probably just the gas starting to pressurise also the same when changing over to cooling.

NoIses seem also to happen with switched LGs. Sometimes the O/D unit starts up nice and quiet othertimes reminds one of the noises made in the private room (WC). Cannot acertain what condition causes the noises... though maybe when the mains has too many Veans (good protein energy!) Seriously now: The outdoor coil will boil refrigerant while in heating mode and you will get a "whoosh" when the reversing valve returns to cooling mode. Something I do not like to happen since I think the sudden changes of temperature and pressures on pipes with R410 is a recipe for stress failures.
    Last edited by momo; 04-03-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Thats what you call an arty farty unit