1 Lump or 2 madam

Did a maintenance on an ice machine today for a customer whom shall remain nameless :lol:

I have worked in the refrigeration game for about 10 years now and not alot surprises me BUT this was a shocker and one of the reasons i dont have ice. Believe it or not but i only did a maintenance about 4 months ago. The water supply has got a major problem me thinks Anyways all clean now just need to quote a filter system now ENJOY :unsure:

FROM THIS

TO THIS

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: 1 Lump or 2 madam

Don't you just love that bio-growth ??
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Disgusting. I, like yourself, NEVER have ice in pubs as a rule. Not the best, but iv'e seen worse. Landlords only seem to care when they spend money, but have no idea of what the eye cant see.
    And anyway, you cant fit any ice in a pint of Carling.
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

You and me both, I never have ice and if they bring me or my family a drink with ice I send it back.
    In the words of David Byrne, Well...How did I get here?

MMmmmm,don't you just love scummy ice-makers????

This is one of my pet hates, seen this so many times yet the EHO visits these sites on regular basis and I have never yet heard of any site being forced to clean their ice machines.
    It is a case of EHO's not having a clue what goes on in commercial premises.
    I hope there are a few reading this, they don't even get the customer to pull equipment out to check the cleaning behind and below.
    Another strange thing I always see the EHO checking clean premises, I and am sure a lot of members of this forum could supply a list of local catering establishments they could and should shut down today.