Apprenticeship Australia

Hi all

Been trying to get into commercial refrigeration such as supermarkets here in Melbourne completed my pre-app in electrotechnology , tried all major ones such as Frigrite, Austral, Hastie, Hussman....still not taking in anybody know of any other commercial company's I can try??

thanks all

Re: Apprenticeship Australia

Hi flatlinerz
    If you were interested in air conditioning you could try Dalkia - ask to speak to John Sparks he is the service manager. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Hi flatlinerz
    If you were interested in air conditioning you could try Dalkia - ask to speak to John Sparks he is the service manager. Good luck
    hey yeah I have already tried them and said there not looking due to being quite....but thanks for your help

anyone else?

Big companies which rely on big contracts are going to suffer the most during the current financial climate.
    If you want to do an apprenticeship right now to get into the trade, I'd be looking at small companies that either do air con or small corner shop/restuarant fridges and coolrooms.
    Any company that relies on big fit outs of new gear will find themselves very quiet, the repair companies with the larger amount of customers (but no big jobs, just lots of small cheap ones), will be the best bet.
    Last edited by paul_h; 13-02-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    Big companies which rely on big contracts are going to suffer the most during the current financial climate.
    If you want to do an apprenticeship right now to get into the trade, I'd be looking at small companies that either do air con or small corner shop/restuarant fridges and coolrooms.
    Any company that relies on big fit outs of new gear will find themselves very quiet, the repair companies with the larger amount of customers (but no big jobs, just lots of small cheap ones), will be the best bet.
    thanks will do....you wouldn't happen to know any names of small corner shop/restuarant fridges and coolrooms company's do you?

I obtained an apprenticeship nearly two years ago, I was actually very lucky, I moved to rural South Australia town, and the electrical contractor here was looking for a apprentice, had a job a week after moving here and i havnt turned back since. I dont have any idea outside of this area i work in sorry, just be persistent, my boss says there will always be work in town regardless of what state your in. good luck.