CITY& GUILDS 2079 passed !!!

just scraped through the new cat 1 "F" gas exam, just thought i would share it with you guys and advise you to get swating, its not a open book job its online so no reference books available. so the best you can do is flag a question and then return to it later, that to me as a spanner man makes it a lot harder, note asswell, at the end of the test if you have flaged a few dont press the continue button as it finishes the test and you cant go back

theres not that differant to the 2078 just a few more on refrigerants and other minor issues,just dont think you can turn up and have a quick read through,it will not work, best of luck,i needed it.

Re: CITY& GUILDS 2079 passed !!!

Where did you do it ? was the training any good ?

How did you manage to pass old gas bottle?

Congratulations
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

How long did the training and test take and what was the cost.

Congratulations

PP

Well done Old gas Bottle.
    Only another 40,000 of us to go.
    that is approx 300 of us a week to meet the deadline.
    Unless things have changed?
    I don't think there are enough trainers
    to cope?
    My I point out that the City and Guilds training was always Closed Book.
    Unlike CITB which was always my beef!
    Anyway well done once again.
    I suspect it may pay for a section to be set up where we can all post our names. As and when we all pass the new exams.
    What does everyone think?
    Grizzly

Good idea grizzly, it could be the C+G 2079 Hall of Fame, I think theres two hopes of everyone passing before July 2010, no hope and bob hope, just too many to get through it in the time scale.

Thoughts anyone

Regards

PP

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Well done OGB, you live to fight another day.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

thanx chaps, i allways use polar pumps at doncaster as they are hands on chaps asswell as good trainers, i think the time to do it depends on the level you require,mine and dans was two days. it might be further to travel but i feel it helps to get through theese things if your in a comfotable enviroment. theres a lot of us that went to school in the days when telly was in black and white but give it ago you may just suprise yourself,i did, were not all doing the job because were dumb

We have a "youngish" engineer doing a a full 5 day practical refresher and test in a couple of weeks with John Ellis (Ellis Training).
    He's sh***ing himself at the prospect.
    JE was my old lecturer at Willesden Tech so he will no doubt put him through the wringer.

Well done OGB. Teaches the youngsters a thing or two.
    If in doubt read the instructions. If still in doubt follow them.

I have also done training at polar pumps the first ever safe gas course, and must say they were excellent, they have told me 2 days should do it for the new regs, of course it depends on existing knowledge and experience, so might be longer for some.

Good Luck chaps

PP

My college are going to be offering the the F-gas qualification, we were talking about it yesterday.

There is a theory exam with 40 or so questions and you have to get 65% right and then there is a practical exam which you have maximum 4 hours to complete.
    You will be tested on many things from recovery to leak testing to pressure testing to braizing etc. If you make one fault any any of them then you will fail the practical side.

There are a few centres that i know of that will be offering Saturday and Sunday training in order to get you ready for these tests.
    This will be a better option i feel because losing an engineer for up to 5 days during the week when there is lots of work on can be a pain.

The thing that i find annoying is that i have just passed my level 2 and am half way through my level 3 but yet that counts for nothing with the F-gas so my employer will have to fork out again in order for me to pass this.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc

Sorry forgot to say.

Well done old Gas Bottle
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc

Hi, OGB

congratulations...

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Well done Old gas Bottle.
    Only another 40,000 of us to go.
    that is approx 300 of us a week to meet the deadline.
    Unless things have changed?
    I don't think there are enough trainers
    to cope?
    My I point out that the City and Guilds training was always Closed Book.
    Unlike CITB which was always my beef!
    Anyway well done once again.
    I suspect it may pay for a section to be set up where we can all post our names. As and when we all pass the new exams.
    What does everyone think?
    Grizzly
    Hi Grizzly, agree with you ... never too old to learn something, but personally do not like any new exams, ever

no need to know everything ... I have a very nice people on this forums to ask about new rules or laws if need something ... so far, enough for me

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

OldGas Bottle, do you mind going once to http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...5&goto=newpost
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

I start training engineers in NW Kent at the end of March. City and Guilds lay down a minimum of 30 hrs training before you can attempt the assessment. So good luck to all of you over the next two years. Don'tforget you must all get the qualification by 4th July 2011.