new compressor keeps tripping

Hi guys,

I have been out to a Daewoo American style side by side fridge ffreezer, model FRS 2411. The compressor had failed. From the internet I found the original Daewoo pot details. It was a LBP RSCR 10cc displacement on R134a of course. From my local shop I got the best I could. A 'Unite Hermetique LBP CSIR with 12cc displacement (I always like to over engineer whenever space permits). Anyway, I have fitted it, vacced it charged it and run it. And I am not happy with it at all. I stayed with it for maybe 45 minutes after starting up, and during that time it tripped on the klixon several times, staying off about two minutes each time (manual type klixon). This to me indicates that it is going off on current rather than pot temperature, but I can't think why. The only thing that crosses my mind is the pipe size differences. In the case of the discharge the new pot has a 1/4" stub, and my system pipe is 3/16", and the same on the suction side. Pot 5/16", pipe actual 1/4". So does anyone think this is causing a restriction to the point where the compressor can't get the compressed refrigerant out of the chamber fast enough, and the motor doesn't like it... ? It's all I can think of. Your comments would be really appreciated, many thanks.
    Trevor
    Last edited by fridge doctor; 24-01-2009 at 06:08 AM. Reason: new title

Re: help with ptc relay

I suspect that there is a partial restriction, flush your capillary, evaporator, condensor and replace your drier that should solve the problem. I also think you should connect high and low pressure gauges and that should confirm or help you to see what the fault is.

Blog Entries

Don't you think that 20% higher flow of refrigerant (from 10-12cc) should become problem in system designed for 10cc flow.
    I would say that main problem is mismatched compressor to the rest of system! Now your system is restriction to flow of that compressor of higher than designed pumping capacity.
    When I finding replacement compressor, I always look for compressor of same cc rating and same motor type and power.
    Last edited by nike123; 30-01-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Are you sure that when brazing the discharge pipe to much melted braze has't gone down the discharge pipe?? seen this before

Thanks for the info guys... In conclusion I did what we all do sometimes... I cautioned the customer not to put food in it for 24 hours but to leave it running. I was back in the area 3 days later, and although I expected the worst... It was absolutely fine !