Brivis swampie service manuals

Hi,

I have just started out on my own and i am getting a few domestic jobs around the place that include Brivis Swampies. Being as this is better then no work at all, i find myself working on them!

Brivis seem to have a lot of electronics and i was wondering if anyone had any wiring diagrams or perhaps service infomation on these units? Rather then try and figure ( guess !! ) and just change parts i would rather understand as much about these units as possible

Thanks

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Brivis swampie service manuals

Have you tried their website ?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Are Brivis still being distributed by Carrier? I am sure they are. Good luck with information with them. They are not usally very helpful.
    dsp

Are you working on the units with the Brivis Networker? Think I can find a contour series service manual and scan it for you, but will not be until after long weekend.

Yeah, see carrier or totaline for brivs stuff.
    I have to agree, they're not helpful.
    I hate swampies in general, especially brivis and most of the other ones that start with "B", ie braemar and bonaire.
    The rest of them aren't to bad (coolbreeze, breezeair, coolair etc). For those I can get parts locally (malaga) and gavin at spare parts thermelec is helpful.
    Any info or service manuals for brivis etc for me would be appreciated as well.

do thermalec have spares for bonaire?

Some, like water pumps and general stuff, but I'm not sure if they have all the stuff like control PCBs.
    I think you have to go for climate technologies in forrestfield for most of it, cheaper there anyway, as thermelec probably just get it from CT and add mark up I guess. Example for a water pump for bonaire brands, $70 from CT, $90 from thermelec.

edit: Being I'm NOR most of the time, that's a price I'm willing to pay to save time, petrol or courier fees though, rather than go all the way out to forrestfield, the customer is paying for the part, not me But if you are getting it delivered regardless, CT is going to be cheaper for bonaire.
    Last edited by paul_h; 21-01-2009 at 02:23 PM.

thanks for that dont need any parts just yet but its handy to know other places that stock them.

Got stuck with a brivis today. Water solenoid stufed and of course no one sells 240V solenoids anymore (except brivis )
    Was hoping for it to be a quick repair, and of course totaline hardly answer their phone...

Just sent you a link to service manuals, don't have enough posts to link here

Quote Originally Posted by waynealli View Post
    Hi,

I have just started out on my own and i am getting a few domestic jobs around the place that include Brivis Swampies. Being as this is better then no work at all, i find myself working on them!
    Thanks
    You got enough work yet?
    I sent you an email but haven't heard from you.
    Send a reply with your business name, phone number and what type of units you want to work on (and what you're willing to work on for money ) also what area you operate in.

I've got too much at the moment, and there's a lot I don't want to do, like installs, swampies, stuffing around with window/wall box a/cs, moving and relocation of splits, jobs SOR or too far on the eatern or northern fringes.
    I could always steer them your way if they ask me who's available at short notice, unless you are really busy too.
    I'm a carlisle 1992-1994 guy here and been doing it the hard way for 13 months

Red face Re: Brivis swampie service manuals

Hey Paul,

I cant find your email address, any chance you can shoot me an email?

G'Day Gang,
    Just came across the thread.
    I operate from Bullsbrook North. I live at Bindoon and have no interest in coming closer to the city. I get most of my parts from ARW in Osbourne Pk. These guys are really helpfull. They have JRM50 evap pumps for $65.30. They mainly supply refrigeration equip and their prices are competative.

The thing that bugs me with swampies is control boards that old but are no loger made. So a $500 upgrade board and control panel is required then I have to fit it and pull new control cables through as well I am going to try a normal fan motor that is either on or off (no speed control) and just have relays to turn the unit on and off.

Cheers
    Dennis