How to write make a study of a HVAC component?

Hello! Hope you guys can help me solve this problem.
    Here is the question:
    Our company is using a kind of filter drier,but it's too expensive, we wanna replace them by another brand. How to make a feasibility report? What kind of things should I consider? Pressure drop? Seal? Under which pressure will it explode? Any other things?

In VAVE, there should some ways to replace the present accessory of a refrigerant system, especially in a big company? Can any guys tell me?

Thanks a million? Sincerely waiting your reply!

Blog Entries

Re: How to write make a study of a HVAC component?

Too expensive, you say!
    How cheap do you want it to be?
    If that cheap could destroy really expensive compressor, do you still going to think that previous "too expensive" is still too expensive?

Sorry, I don't know anything about feasibility, but I know something about bad link in chain.

Quote Originally Posted by nike123 View Post

Too expensive, you say!
    How cheap do you want it to be?
    If that cheap could destroy really expensive compressor, do you still going to think that previous "too expensive" is still too expensive?

Sorry, I don't know anything about feasibility, but I know something about bad link in chain.

Just as you mentioned, I know compressor is very expensive, so I need to make a deep study to make sure this replacement is feasible and will not affect the present system?

Anyway thanks for your reply!

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

If you use a reputable manufacturer then there should not be any problems.

If you are unsure of your present supplier then stop using them and transfer to a better company with a good quality history.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    If you use a reputable manufacturer then there should not be any problems.

If you are unsure of your present supplier then stop using them and transfer to a better company with a good quality history.

Thank you,Brian!

It's true that a good company will do his job on the product, but as an air-conditioner manufacturer, we also need to do our job to evaluate the product.

If some works in a big company and doing R&D job, he will know much about this.

It's all about VAVE or project mangagement.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsoncheung View Post
    Here is the question:
    Our company is using a kind of filter drier,but it's too expensive, we wanna replace them by another brand. How to make a feasibility report? What kind of things should I consider? Pressure drop? Seal? Under which pressure will it explode? Any other things?

In VAVE, there should some ways to replace the present accessory of a refrigerant system, especially in a big company? Can any guys tell me?

Companies producing components will provide specification data that is required for their product.
    Get intouch with different producers of simmilar products and compare their data.

Then if you wanted to you could run a sample product on test and evaluate its performance and see if it compares with your original.

taz.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

If you are using VAVE then what are the results telling you about the products that you have tested?
    Retired March 2015

Here is the question:

Hi, I supose you already know the size of the drier in capacity and the connection type (sweat/Flare), though do you need to consider the type of Filter drier?
    Different types of Driers function to do different jobs. There are such types as;
    Molecular Sieve-----Water
    Silica gel-----Water/Wax
    Activated Charcoal-----Acid
    Activated Alumina -----Water/Acid

I'm a bit foggy on this but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone in the collective will correct me, hope this helps.....

Quote Originally Posted by taz24 View Post
    Companies producing components will provide specification data that is required for their product.
    Get intouch with different producers of simmilar products and compare their data.

Then if you wanted to you could run a sample product on test and evaluate its performance and see if it compares with your original.

taz.

I will also compare different producers about their products.

And still I will ask them for a sample and test. That's what I have been doing.

Now I just wanna know if there is a better way of doing this. I want methodology.That's what I was talking VAVE-Value analysis and Value Engineering. It's quite popular all over the world.

When you are carrying out "cost down" project, it may include change a brand of a component, but how you evaluate the potential components?

Any guys that know about VAVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    If you are using VAVE then what are the results telling you about the products that you have tested?
    Wilson

Value engineering usually starts at how long you want the component and product to last. Then each component is analysed to last for at least that time limit. The component manufacture, all the way through to the finished product manufacturer will have an internal document specifying the minimum time spans. The materials are then tested and reduced to find the failure time limit. So the starting point is to compare specifications and then ask the component manufacturer the anticipated life span of the component and then test.
    This saves a penny here, a penny there, and then multiply by a few thousand components and hey presto a reduced price unit.
    This then opens the question which manufacture has valued engineered? Another poll?

Hi Dear members,

plz guide me that how to calculate the capacity of filter drier to installed in a commercial application of refrigeration system.
    plz

Wilson
    I'm sorry, I misunderstood - I thought that you were already using the VAVE system in house -oops
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by mehtag View Post
    Hi Dear members,

plz guide me that how to calculate the capacity of filter drier to installed in a commercial application of refrigeration system.
    plz
    The sizing is based on the capacity of the system.

See here for some examples....
    http://www.sporlan.net/product.asp?i...n_i=110&type=s

Please in future start your own topic thread and do not hijack someone else's.
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by l'robot View Post
    Value engineering usually starts at how long you want the component and product to last. Then each component is analysed to last for at least that time limit. The component manufacture, all the way through to the finished product manufacturer will have an internal document specifying the minimum time spans. The materials are then tested and reduced to find the failure time limit. So the starting point is to compare specifications and then ask the component manufacturer the anticipated life span of the component and then test.
    This saves a penny here, a penny there, and then multiply by a few thousand components and hey presto a reduced price unit.
    This then opens the question which manufacture has valued engineered? Another poll?
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧裕hanks,l'robot!
    I wonder if you are doing VAVE. If you do,would tell me more about VAVE. What you said may just be one part of VAVE. It's not all the thing. Or would you introduce some books?
    Thanks again!
    Wilson

VAVE what a crock these days most manufacturers offer five year warranty (on small domestic splits , refrigerators etc.) and after that the system becomes disposable.I could see the sense in VAVE being used by commercial manufacturers, as for methodology seems right compare manufacturers test results, check for reputable test laboratories. discard the ones that don't meet your specifications then compare pricing on the remaining products