karl2009 Guest

subcooling and superheat are standard measurement or not?

Hi, Everyone, I'm working on a research for centrifugal chillers. I want to make an investigation whether 'subcooling' and 'suction superheat' are standard measurements for different brands of centrifugal chillers(McQuay,Trane,Carrier,York). For McQuay, subcooling and superheat are standard measurements. For, Carrier, they don't measure subcooling and suction superheat. I am not sure whether they are standard for other brands of chillers or not. In addition, can anybody provide rating data(performance data) of different brands of chiller.

Blog Entries

Re: subcooling and superheat are standard measurement or not?

What you mean by standard measurements? You can not make correct evaluation of chiller performance without these two measurements (among others).
    Doesn't mater what is brand name.
    If you mean does the chiller itself take these measurements and record or show on display, that is only question on installing two pressure and two temperature sensors and some interface for recording and displaying these measurements.

karl2009 Guest

Thanks for your respond. I think all centrifugal chillers monitot cond temp and evap temp (usually these two temp are calculated from pressure). I really want to know whether different brands of chillers install 'liquid line temp sensor' and 'comp suction temp sensor'.
    Quote Originally Posted by nike123 View Post
    What you mean by standard measurements? You can not make correct evaluation of chiller performance without these two measurements (among others).
    Doesn't mater what is brand name.
    If you mean does the chiller itself take these measurements and record or show on display, that is only question on installing two pressure and two temperature sensors and some interface for recording and displaying these measurements.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by karl2009 View Post
    Thanks for your respond. I think all centrifugal chillers monitot cond temp and evap temp (usually these two temp are calculated from pressure). I really want to know whether different brands of chillers install 'liquid line temp sensor' and 'comp suction temp sensor'.
    I would suggest that you need to obtain manufacturers' data from their instruction manuals to gather those answers.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015