Thread: training course

training course

i recently took a 2 week carrier air conditioning training course and i would like to take another training course. i checked out trane training course and did not like it. so could someone give me some information or a website for another 2 week or less training course?

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: training course

How far are you prepared to travel for this training or are you only looking for something near to home?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

if you are near Dorset you can do a daikin training course, there are 12 courses that you can do including the Altherma Air to water course, don't know what kind of training you want to do?

http://www.daikin.co.uk/training/default.jsp

you can download the brochure.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by brunstar View Post
    if you are near Dorset you can do a daikin training course, there are 12 courses that you can do including the Altherma Air to water course, don't know what kind of training you want to do?

http://www.daikin.co.uk/training/default.jsp

you can download the brochure.
    As he says he is in the Bahamas I'm not sure if he wants to travel that far yet
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Dear a.c tech.
    Do u mean a NATE COR course in carrier web site.
    Actually if u ask for fundamental course u can do it with any nearest company, but if u ask for advance course so u should decide the function material for the course and do it with mcquay ,carrier, train ,yourk …..etc.

sorry i read the first thread then looked at your location Brian, lol.
    and i aso was wondering when i wrote the thread, why you were wanting to do training..oops

i dont mind traveling once the course is worth going. and no i didnt do the nate core course i did an hvac troubleshooting course.. i would like to improve my troubleshooting skills and learn to work on larger equipment. right now i only work on central air conditioning units and fabricate ducts.

jaeck75 Guest

does anyone know of the uk NVQ training courses they are meant to be doing online im in spain and want more traing instead of working with these people who dont have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by jaeck75 View Post
    does anyone know of the uk NVQ training courses they are meant to be doing online im in spain and want more traing instead of working with these people who dont have a clue

There are a few companies in the UK who offer distance learning.
    But you would still need to do the exams at a GOLA centre.
    GOLA is the term for the on line exams you will do and they operate throughout the UK, but I do not know about other parts of Europe.

If you PM I will give you a list of distance learner providers or check this site for 6087 providers.

http://www.cityandguilds.com/cps/rde....xsl/3016.html

All the best
    taz

do u know of any training courses in the united states? the u.k is to far from where i live and its very expensive to get there

Try: HVACReducation.net

Perhaps talk to the distributors in South Florida who your company buys equipment from.

Rheem used to have a top technician program that was pretty good. They taught basic refrigeration and airflow

If you want to learn something about solving air flow problems, and some basic air balancing you could try the national comfort institute, be advised though half the course is sales orientated, the other half shows the basics of solving air flow problems.

The NCI, puts them on periodically all over the USA, they have upwards to a three day seminar, does not teach anything about the refrigeration side.

The Caymans have a decent continuing education program, a couple good guys teach a two level AC course at night school there., It is a semester long though, you would have to live there, or grab the british airways flight out of Nassau everyweek
    Take the V out of HVAC and you are left with a HAC job