Hitachi RAS 6HG7E

Condensor - Split Ducted - Serial 4DE 30360

Hi guys need some info on the above model number. Service manual would be great or if anyone can decifer these flashing led lights would be greatly appareciated.

Bascially theres no power to the wall controller and theres no power coming from the outdoor board to the indoor.

These are the lights im getting
    LD1 - Slow Flash
    LD2 - Slow Flash
    LED1 - ON
    LED2 - Fast Flash

Also had another unit on site error code E0 08. 100% certain its short on gas, just want to confirm the code

Thanx

Re: Hitachi RAS 6HG7E

I had a hitachi split a couple of weeks ago fail. I emailed hitachi and they sent me the manual.
    Also actrol/heatcraft can get parts for them, so maybe they can get service manuals. I don't have anything really on ducted units though, just wall splits.

On ducted, "08" is discharge temp, so likely to be short of refrig

Blog Entries

Here are some Hitachi manuals. Maybe you find what you need.

Try Logging into www.hitachiaircon.co.uk . you need to register, but you can download all tech manuals you need on Hitachi from here. Manuals are too large to email.

Sorry did not fully read your thread, check the supplies, Some power the indoor and outdoor via separate supplies with only data wiring between the indoor and outdoor unit.

Thanx for the email!

You might be right about both units getting a supply. I didnt check the indoor as it was in a very difficult place to get at, if i can even locate it. Thought maby these codes might pin point me but still cant find any data on that particular model.

Ah well looks like ill have to search the roof for some indoor units then.

Thanx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rude View Post
    Thanx for the email!

Thought maby these codes might pin point me but still cant find any data on that particular model.
    I could only find indoor ducted in Utopia G7 series with R407C with model name RPI-6HG7E

RAS is designated to outdoor units!

Check this technical manual. There are diagrams and fault codes in there.
    Last edited by nike123; 06-01-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nike123 View Post
    I could only find indoor ducted in Utopia G7 series with R407C with model name RPI-6HG7E

RAS is designated to outdoor units!

Check this technical manual. There are diagrams and fault codes in there.
    ahh yes i was searching the wrong section. Thank you ill see how i go with that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rude View Post

Also had another unit on site error code E0 08. 100% certain its short on gas, just want to confirm the code

Thanx

08/Cycle/Abnormality high temperature in the top of com. /Insufficient Refrigerant. Ref-leakage, clogging capillary

Thanx a lot guys

looks like the LED's were blinking transmission error between indoor and outdoor.

just need to find out what voltage i should have on my interconnecting wires from memory i had none.

Looks like its going to be something wrong in the indoor unit since the controller isn't illuminated.

Is there 240v to the I/U though?
    You said no power from the O/U. That could mean just comms voltage which is what I think you mean. But the O/U feeds mains to the I/U. If there's no mains power to the I/U, how is it going to send comms back or power the controller display?

You always need to verify 240v is reaching the I/U before you consider the I/U at fault. They usually run off fuses in the O/U, and of course installers sometimes stuff with that mains feed to run dampers, booster fans and all sorts of crap.

edit: If you don't know what voltage the comms line should have, it's easy to do it my rough way, disconnect the comm wire at the O/U and measure them seperately. The good unit will have a varying voltage but gives you a rough idea of half the voltage you should get. Ie, working O/U pcb gives you 20-50v, dead I/U gives you 0 or static 20v.
    You know that the connected comms line should give you a constanly varying 40-100 volts, As you can assume that the working board is the O/U which would be supplying half the volts of a normal comms line. This method seems to work with all the brands that use a higher voltage comms line.

It's "bush mechanics" stuff, but what else are you going to do on your first call without any info on the make/model
    Last edited by paul_h; 06-01-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Yeah your right, thats the thing im not sure about tho is whether the indoor unit gets power from interconnection or from a separate power feed.

More investigation is required i think.

Like most Hitachi systems this range of units have 2 core 5v dc interconnecting communication cable between outdoor & indoor units.
    But as the 5v dc fluctuates its almost impossible to measure with a multi meter.

The indoor unit will have its own 220 -240v power supply & if that is off then you wont have 12v dc to the remote controller & the display will be blank.

If the indoor unit did have mains power to the circuit board then it would report an 03 communication alarm if it cannot get any communication reply from the outdoor unit on the 5v dc interconnecting cable.

The flashing LED 1 & 2 at the outdoor unit might be reporting communication error with indoor unit.

BTW
    if the indoor unit has mains 1ph power then check the transformer.
    If it has failed then the RC will be blank as it works on 12v dc from the indoor board.

Just a bit of an update.

I managed to find the indoor unit and fuse was blown on PC board. Replaced fuse and indoor fan motor drawing high amps.

Thanx for all your help.

jimmy123 Guest

In case, you need expert help, you may visit Electro-Matic Products.

LD01 & LD02 flashing is a comms fault between indoor and outdoor unit. It sounds like there is no power to the indoor unit. The indoor unit can be from a seperate supply. No power is supplied through the comms cable which should be a 2 core screened. The indoor transformer supplies 3 voltages to the pcb which are labled on the transformer.