refrigirator / aircon compressor substitute

pls help me with some of my question

1. where can i find a chart for compressor substitute for ref and aircon unit.

2. how will i know the capacity of the compressor to be use in refrigirator? (example: 15cuft. = what capacity of compressor to be use? ) beacuse mostly all ref compressor dont have written specs and capacity on it.

3. is LRA a good basis for compressor substitute?

answers/opinions from you guys would be greatly appreciated thank you all...

Blog Entries

Re: refrigirator / aircon compressor substitute

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    pls help me with some of my question

1. where can i find a chart for compressor substitute for ref and aircon unit.

2. how will i know the capacity of the compressor to be use in refrigirator? (example: 15cuft. = what capacity of compressor to be use? ) beacuse mostly all ref compressor dont have written specs and capacity on it.

3. is LRA a good basis for compressor substitute?

answers/opinions from you guys would be greatly appreciated thank you all...
    You don't need capacity when you know cuft. You only need to match cuft of original compressor with cuft of replacement and their power of motor. And, oil in replacement compressor should be matched to used refrigerant.
    Last edited by nike123; 22-12-2008 at 07:35 AM.

Re: refrigirator / aircon compressor substitute

thank for the quick response but how will i know what power should i use?

example:

somebody brought me a ref with no compressor in it how will i know what compressor should i put? ( is there a chart that shows how much power is required for a certain volume of a refrigirator? )