Question Mitsubushi vrf city multi camco cam110-y

I hope someone can help with a problem i have with some old mitsubushi controllers , the system is a old r22 city multi system two pipe vrf the controllers are connected to a camco controller model no camco
    cam110-y i have never seen these before the mitsubushi wired controller is wired into the back of the camco comtroller via a three wire connection.

Of the camco controller there is a remote stat fitted to each area i have 6 systems in total. there is nothing wrong these however all the systems are fed through a on/ off time clock and some system come back on when the timer comes on but not all

im having trouble bringing them all back on . im not sure how they get the signal to auto restart ,

that is the problem some do and some dont i hope someone can help me
    cheers declan

He who does nothing does nothing wrong !

Re: Mitsubushi vrf city multi camco cam110-y

That was the earliest attempt of BMS Trend interface with City Multi systems.

To be fair it never did work very well.
    Later Procon interface systems were much better.

On some sites they have gradually ditched the Camco boxes & made alternative arrangements.
    Or gone for complete controls upgrade.

Camco were taken over by Mitsubishi many years ago.
    Trouble is there is not really anyone left at Mitsubishi who know anything about those really old Camco BMS controls.

Dear thermatech
    thanks for enlightening me about the camco controllers i have talked to mitsi and there pretty crap im not sure they know what im on about. im hoping that someone out there can help me im not sure i have spotted a trend iq box ill have a look over christmas
    cheers declan

To be fair Camco did not sell so mainy of those controls so it very rare to find them still in use.

Much better to upgrade to G50 central control untill enduser fits new a/c systems.

Thanks for the help with my problem so your saying if i fit a g50 controller and run them through that it would solve all my problems ? there are 5 outdoor units having up to a maxium of 4 indoor units per system each system has a individual controller, i think i will do what you suggest but would have to re address every unit as if i was going to daisy chain them together,

would i have compatibilty problems using the g50 controller on such a old vrf r22 system i think its about 20 years old now i hope you can clear this up thanks declan

The Mnet control has remained the same thoughout but the central controller has been upgraded a number of times.
    So the G50 can be used on the old R22 systems.
    If the Camco contols are no longer working you can scrap them & use local remote controllers only or upgrade to the G50 central control.

The G50 has lots of extra usefull features as well as time clock shedule program for each indoor unit.
    It can be used for individual control of 50 indoor units.

For the G50 control every indoor unit needs to have its own address 001 up to 050 so that that the G50 can communicate with each indoor unit & no duplicate address settings to cause communication problems.
    The local remote controllers need to be addressed to match the indoor units so that they control the correct indoor unit or group of units.

The outdoor units & B/C boxes need address settings to match the indoor units.

So worst case is you have to make new address settings at 20 indoor units, 20 remote controls, 5 outdoor units & 5 B/C boxes.
    Should be able to do that in about 2 or 3 hrs unless unit access is very difficult.

When you have aggreed a location for the G50 & power pack with the customer install a 2 core screen cable from the G50 to all the outdoor units with a daisy chain & connect to the central control terminals at the outdoor units.
    Install a 240v fused spur for the G50 power supply pack.& your ready to go.

Some end users & contractors prefer to put the power pack in a small control box with the G50 mounted in the front panel.

Set up & commissioning about 1hr or 2 at most.
    Its a little bit quiker with the Mnet monitor lap top computer as you can instantly see if all the address settings are pressent & correct before setting up the G50 & then monitor the systems to confirm correct operation after G50 setup.
    You can do it without the laptop it just takes a bit longer to run around the building.

If the customer wants to try to keep this old kit going a bit longer then this could be the best option.
    If the customer wants full BMS control then the G50 could then be connected via a Procon interface with any BMS front end to remote control & monitor the complete system from one outstation.

I was health checking about 20 old YMF R22 systems in an office block a few weeks ago.
    The original Camco controls had been replaced about 1 year ago with two G50's & Procon interface with BMS front end control.
    So its a tried & tested option some endusers are taking.

Hello all just to follow up ive been back to the above site today to find the fault with various city multi vrf mitsub . I talked to kooltech and they told me that the camco controllers were used in there earier system due to the fact there was not a mode for auto setting, in the controllers

the camco controllers have a set temp and a dead band setting, so the camco controller switches between heating and cooling reading the sensing from the remote stat.

The problem i was having is that some indoor units in some areas were not restarting when the time clock was activated,

so after talking to kooltech they told me that i would have to power down the whole system and change the dip switch settings in each indoor units on SW1 numbers 2 and 10

After i had done that then i need to repower the system and they should come back on under time control and auto restart . It seems that some units were not set properly from inital install more than 15 years ago/
    So yet again assumption is the mother of all f**k ups I hope this clears matter declan

Cant help directly with your problem, but i do know one of the main people at Camco now owns a company called ICG in stockport which supplies Sanyo equipment, im sure he has a few former Camco engineers working for them. They may or may not be able to offer some help but im sure its worth a try. If you do ask for Martin Spence