Information on EER and COP on old systems

When preparing the EPCs, I need to fnd the COP and EER values of various units from differnt manufacturers. The problem I frequently have is that the models I look at are old and out of date and so manufacturers do not seem to have details on old equipment. I have gone to the eurovent web site to find this information, but to no avail. Has anybody got any useful suggestions as to where this information hides. I can use default values, but this gives the building a poor rating.
    cheers Ed

Re: Information on EER and COP on old systems

Sorry for putting a spanner in the works, relying on publishied Data is BS.
    As those in the trade know, as equipment becomes older the performance changes, do to varying different levels, equipment type, service history and the like.
    Should not be measuring performance, not just some of therectical test method, which propably has no relevence to the building you are working.
    I am not picking on for trying to find a vocation, but is this again just bureacratic BS gone mad?
    If you are going to do it, be different and do it correctly!
    Last edited by mad fridgie; 05-11-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: my spelling is Bad!!!!

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Nope, sorry, you have the same resources as most of us.

You need to contact the manufacturer to confirm these details.

Perhaps your professional body has produced a data book covering these things; if not then they should do.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Thanks, OK i accept published data is crap, but using defaults are for worse case scenarios. So default COP is 2 and EER is 2.5; though seasonally adjusted SEER = 2.0 too. You would have thought a figure somewhere between the two would be reasonable ...
    I did not want a discussion on the exact value, just \ pointer to a web site where I can find them easily. Manufacturers do not have on their web sites thetech data on old kits... I find that frustrating. Any sugeestions to that point? thanks

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Any manufacturers in particular as some do carry information on redundant models.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

have been doing something similar myself on R22 chiller replacements, however what I have found is that most chiller manufacturers don't even have the ESEER data for chillers dating pre 2000.
    it does seem to be rule of thumb and published data only