Thread: CPU Evaporators

CPU Evaporators

After seeing some of these stepped and spiral designs, I was wondering who is producing these? I would like to get one or two to try and test. Seems you use very small evaporators though considering the heat load sometimes you are looking at. 1.5" diameter and 1 to 2" tall? Rather tiny! Is there something to prevent 2.5" diameter and 4" tall? Or even bigger?
    Unless your using an autocascade and have designed for back flow (in which case this helps which can be rather nice if it's designed for, or a nuisance at low loads if you forgot (haha)) it seems your doing nothing more then wasting even more power...

Teyber Guest

Re: CPU Evaporators

Quote Originally Posted by Reflexive View Post
    After seeing some of these stepped and spiral designs, I was wondering who is producing these? I would like to get one or two to try and test. Seems you use very small evaporators though considering the heat load sometimes you are looking at. 1.5" diameter and 1 to 2" tall? Rather tiny! Is there something to prevent 2.5" diameter and 4" tall? Or even bigger?
    Unless your using an autocascade and have designed for back flow (in which case this helps which can be rather nice if it's designed for, or a nuisance at low loads if you forgot (haha)) it seems your doing nothing more then wasting even more power...
    hey!
    (edit- good rule here! i can't post url's until i have 15 posts. ill post it then, but that must help a lot with spam!)

there is some of my work. The evaps are small because of.... Cost! if you wanted a 3" evaporator it would cost in the hundreds of dollars 1.5" covers the core and my evaps are only ~ 1" tall.

The "big" evap i made is made from 1 5/8" copper and is ~ 2" or maybe 1.75" if i remember. I want to try a 2.25" evap soon though my friend

Cheers!

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Hi Teyber and welcome.

Although you can't yet post a URL you can type it long-hand if you want and we will cut and paste/modify it ourselves....

http : // w w w dot google com / show test.etc
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

can somebody show me the cpu evaporators in picture...pls hongfain@hotmail.com
    thanks a lot.....