about compressor oil

hi everybody this is moorthy from qatar.
    i need technical help from your side.
    i have a problem of copeland scroll compressor(calorex swimming pool heat pump). i mixed compressor compressor oil with original oil. i was mixed suniso oil this is for 134a refrigerant. because of original refrigerant is 134a also. thats why i mixed that oil. but the result is high pressure activated. compressor cannt run .
    what is wrong with the prob.
    how we can solve this prob. can you any body explain to me how we can solve thi prob.

TRY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT A/C SYSTEM

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: about compressor oil

Why did you add more oil to the system ?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by rkmoorthy View Post
    i have a problem of copeland scroll compressor(calorex swimming pool heat pump). i mixed compressor compressor oil with original oil. i was mixed suniso oil this is for 134a refrigerant. because of original refrigerant is 134a also. thats why i mixed that oil. but the result is high pressure activated. compressor cannot run .
    how we can solve this prob. can you any body explain to me how we can solve thi prob.
    Would the "high pressure" be-
    1) Oil Pressure?
    Or
    2) High Discharge Pressure?

If it is 1.
    Then as Brian suggests you may of overfilled the Compressor with oil?
    Or 2.
    It is possible that you have accidentally allowed air into the refrigeration system.

Although in the past I have known rogue machines to have different oil pressures when using oils of slightly different Viscosities.
    IE. The lower the number the thicker the oil and the higher the oil pressure.
    This does not mean it is good though as the flow rates could be reduced when using thicker oils.
    It is best to keep to the grades recommended by the customer.
    Grizzly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rkmoorthy View Post
    i have a problem of copeland scroll compressor(calorex swimming pool heat pump). i mixed compressor compressor oil with original oil. i was mixed suniso oil this is for 134a refrigerant. because of original refrigerant is 134a also. thats why i mixed that oil. but the result is high pressure activated. compressor cannt run .
    Did you changed oil or only added some amount? What is oil full type name?
    From what I know, Suniso 3,4,5GS are mineral oils and in system with R134A recommended oil is POE oil.
    If original oil is POE and you added more than 5% of mineral oil you need to change oil until mineral oil percentage is less than 5%.

hi guys actually calorex heat pump compressor (copeland scroll) recomend that oil is poe140. but i added that oil of suniso sl 68 with original.
    now i need solution for this. here (QATAR) NOT AVAILABLE POE OIL. WHICH OIL REPLACE FOR THAT ORIGINAL POE OIL. AND HOW I WILL RUN THIOS SYSTEM . PLEASE I NEED YOUR GREAT FULL ADVICE FROM YOU ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by brian_uk View Post
    why did you add more oil to the system ?
    hello friend,
    near to compressor link of copper pipe line (elbow) oil leaking from there. I found that elbow was cracked . That is why i changed elbow and i add that kind of suniso sl68 oil. But i never remove any oil fromm the system. I just add suniso oil with poe oil.the result is too bad for me.now i going to change strainer, and filter dryer.i need to change oil also. Can you give me steps of recover this problem. Thank you for kind consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly View Post
    would the "high pressure" be-
    1) oil pressure?
    Or
    2) high discharge pressure?

If it is 1.
    Then as brian suggests you may of overfilled the compressor with oil?
    Or 2.
    It is possible that you have accidentally allowed air into the refrigeration system.

Although in the past i have known rogue machines to have different oil pressures when using oils of slightly different viscosities.
    Ie. The lower the number the thicker the oil and the higher the oil pressure.
    This does not mean it is good though as the flow rates could be reduced when using thicker oils.
    It is best to keep to the grades recommended by the customer.
    Grizzly
    hello friend,
    near to compressor link of copper pipe line (elbow) oil leaking from there. I found that elbow was cracked . That is why i changed elbow and i add that kind of suniso sl68 oil. But i never remove any oil fromm the system. I just add suniso oil with poe oil.the result is too bad for me.now i going to change strainer, and filter dryer.i need to change oil also. Can you give me steps of recover this problem. Thank you for kind consideration.

Blog Entries

These are approved oils for your compressor:
    Copeland Ultra 22CC
    Mobil EAL ARCTIC 22CC
    ICI (Virginia KMP) Emkarate RL 32CF
    Thermal Zone 22CC

You added unapproved oil with viscosity different from original.
    Suniso SL 68 is POE oil with viscosity of 79,1 at 40°C and these recommended oils have viscosity of 24 at 40°C.

Closest Suniso match is SL 22 but it is not approved oil from Copeland.
    Last edited by nike123; 12-12-2008 at 10:00 AM.

the second mouse gets the cheese