Thread: muller FDC

muller FDC

I recently attended a freezer room that kept throwing the circuit breaker,I found a burnt out defrost element in the coil.the biggest problem now was the fan unit was only about 8 inches off each of the side walls,leaving no room to withdraw or replace the element,which meant pumping down the system ,disconnecting the fan unit and taking it outside to work on.
    Is there something else I could of used rather than the genuine part for defrost.I feel It was better to put back the genuinne part to ensure the defrost was all the way thru the coil.Open to any suggestions for next time

Re: muller FDC

Quote Originally Posted by paul pursehouse View Post
    I recently attended a freezer room that kept throwing the circuit breaker,I found a burnt out defrost element in the coil.the biggest problem now was the fan unit was only about 8 inches off each of the side walls,leaving no room to withdraw or replace the element,which meant pumping down the system ,disconnecting the fan unit and taking it outside to work on.
    Is there something else I could of used rather than the genuine part for defrost.I feel It was better to put back the genuinne part to ensure the defrost was all the way thru the coil.Open to any suggestions for next time

Can you cut a access panel into the wall of the box to the side of the evaporator?

Alternatively can you place the heater at the front or the back of the coil instead of through it?

taz.

How about if you undo all but one of the mount bolts and swing the evap around. I did this in the same situation and managed to get the heater in.

Ironically is was a muller also.

I've seen a couple of situations like that also-the remedy in those cases was to cut power to the old rod heater and fit the new one to the back of the coil held on by wire clips. works ok.