Diploma course in Australia

Hi All,

I am hoping those in Australia maybe able to help?

I did my Apprenticeship in QLD over 10 years ago and would like pursue further studies in the A/C & refrigeration field. I have made enquires over the past couple of years through the Colleges in doing the post trade Diploma in Engineering (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning). I have made enquires to TAFE QLD (now Skillstech Australia) & searched other Colleges in the southern states but with no success...Why is there no longer any options for a Fridge Mechanic to continue with post trade studies through TAFE in Australia. 5-10 years ago it was possible. Seems ironic considering the trades shortage in this country! Is it because they cannot find the teaching staff??

If anyone has some information it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Diploma course in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Hi All,

I am hoping those in Australia maybe able to help?

I did my Apprenticeship in QLD over 10 years ago and would like pursue further studies in the A/C & refrigeration field. I have made enquires over the past couple of years through the Colleges in doing the post trade Diploma in Engineering (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning). I have made enquires to TAFE QLD (now Skillstech Australia) & searched other Colleges in the southern states but with no success...Why is there no longer any options for a Fridge Mechanic to continue with post trade studies through TAFE in Australia. 5-10 years ago it was possible. Seems ironic considering the trades shortage in this country! Is it because they cannot find the teaching staff??

If anyone has some information it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Im in perth and there starting to bring in courses to further your studies at our tafe.

The reason they stopped doing it was because hardly any people signed up to do the extra study, so they would have to cancel the course until numbers improved. I think if they actually advertised better what courses were available they would get the numbers. But i spose thats typical of a lazy government department.

Re: Diploma course in Australia

Ross,

Follow the link below and you will find what you seek. I am involved with a couple of the subjects at this particular institution, but there is another gentleman who facilitates the majority of the subjects at diploma level.
    Unfortunately I can't post the link until I have made 15 posts or more, so send me a message with your email and I will reply with the link directly, that is of course if you wish to.