I am currently studying the Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technical Certificate Level 2 6127 at The Manchester College. I will also be awarded the Refrigerant Handling Certificate 2078 in spring 2009.

I started the course in September and i love my course this industry is for me and i cannot wait to start work, but that’s my problem!

I have been trying for two years now to get my foot into the industry it is so difficult it’s frustrating. I need to know what’s stopping them; i have also pitched the 'work for FREE' approach, even that does not work.

I'm from Preston and i have applied and applied to everyone in Preston and the North West even been to see a few directors face-to-face, they seem to be amazed by the determination but can’t commit themselves to give me a job!

What is the best pitch to potential employers whilst studying this course? How do i get myself into the industry?

I so want some practical experience but no company can give me some. I don’t want to apply at companies in summer 2009 once the course has finished and find i am getting rejected due to lack of practical experience, that’s why i want some now and maybe employed full time now.

What is the best path for me?

Every comment will be appreciated greatly and i hope somebody saves me from this misery

Thank you everyone