vixie Guest

Fridge Freezer over heating

HI

I have an hotpoint fridge freezer FFA70 the fridge is working fine but the freezer has a light on it that says high freezer temp. this happend 2 days ago. I turned the freezer down and it went off. Today it has come on again. I have turned it down to number 2 but it is still on.

I can't find the manual sadly, so was hoping someone on here may know what I can do?

The bottom drawer has a small build up of ice. I wondered if the freezer sensor maybe blocked or something?

Re: Fridge Freezer over heating

Quote Originally Posted by vixie View Post
    HI

I have an hotpoint fridge freezer FFA70 the fridge is working fine but the freezer has a light on it that says high freezer temp. this happend 2 days ago. I turned the freezer down and it went off. Today it has come on again. I have turned it down to number 2 but it is still on.

I can't find the manual sadly, so was hoping someone on here may know what I can do?

The bottom drawer has a small build up of ice. I wondered if the freezer sensor maybe blocked or something?

There are better people on here that may know about your specific fridge and I'm sure they will give you a more reasoned answer but you will not go wrong if you empty the thing and leave it off for 24hrs to defrost. Switch it back on when you are sure it is defrosted and dry. Let it run and see what happens.

Cheers taz.