Threaded View

My air con/heat pump in defrost mode... Leeds, UK.

Hey guys, some of you wont bother but took a video of my ac system in defrost mode this morning, temps -2C outside in Leeds when the video was taken.

The system is a LG Multi Split Inverter, compressor is soo quiet. Most the noise is the fan.

Some pics also of the coil before defrost started, it was covered in ice, the unit had been running for 50minutes before defrost, very efficient defrost took only a matter of minutes, one thing noticed is that normally the fan does run in defrost mode however this time because it was so cold the fan did not run at all and the steam can be seen coming off the coil. At one point I get closer to the unit you can hear the inverter winding down as defrost comes to an end & at 1:51 into the video you can hear the 4 way valve come into action however passing traffic drowns this noise out. You can see from the car how bad the ice was, we had freezing rain.

It will probably bore most of you this post but just thought it would be different rather than problem solving for a change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JZvqFWpA7U

Plus we have nearlly resolved our probs with temperature monitoring inside, we are waiting for the installer to come back and install 2 remote sensors halfway up the wall to monitor temp better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by back2space; 23-11-2008 at 11:00 AM.